AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

Valued Contributor
cnewton
Message 11 of 17 (330 Views)

Re: Autocomplete on the command line, list box cut off by screen.

11-07-2011 08:54 AM in reply to: niranjan.kamath

I think we may have a language barrier here. In your screen shot image, you refer the Main Monitor ( 1 ) as not identifying the space in this setting. By space are you referring to the command line? I am not certain of what you mean when you say "space".  You say that the main monitor identify space below, I assume by this you mean that the screen resolution of monitor (2) is less than that of monitor (1). I thought that you were referring to the command list appearing below the command line on the monitor. I am attaching screen shots of how the monitors are arranged and their settings. What should I be setting the second screen resolution to in order to solve the issue?

Clint Newton III
Project Manager

Spillman Farmer Architects
*Expert Elite*
MarySeufert
Message 12 of 17 (320 Views)

11-07-2011 09:29 AM in reply to: cnewton

It looks like the secondary monitor needs to have a 'Y' resolution less than the 'Y' resolution of your primary monitor. Since you are using your secondary monitor in portrait mode, its 'Y' is larger than the primary monitor.

You have a few options:

1. Dumb down your secondary monitor to a resolution where the 'Y' aspect of 1680 is less than or equal to 1200.

2. Change your secondary monitor to landscape mode.

3. Keep your current setup, but move your command line.

~ Mary

p.s. I too could never go back to life without dual monitors! Definately not an option.:smileyhappy:

cnewton
Message 13 of 17 (315 Views)

11-07-2011 11:14 AM in reply to: MarySeufert

Thanks Mary,

I tried making the Y value for Monitor (2) less than the Y of Monitor (1), but alas that does not do it. :smileysad:

It also makes MonItor (2) less than readable.

I changed monitor (2) to landscape mode and yes, that does make the list behave correctly. Regrettably it defeats the purpose of having a portrait mode monitor with a landscape monitor. I can no longer view reference documents in portrait mode as a single document, unless I get better glasses and sit closer. It also means that it moves the second monitor to a head turn instead of a side glance.

I am resigned to living with this as it is.

It is after all, a minor inconvenience as compared to some of the other issues I could be having.

Thanks for your input, it makes it easier now to accept my fate.

Clint

Clint Newton III
Project Manager

*Expert Elite*
MarySeufert
Message 14 of 17 (308 Views)

11-07-2011 11:45 AM in reply to: cnewton

Hi Clint,

Figured it would probably make your secondary screen hard to read. :smileysad:

One thing I didn't think about before, have you tried making your left screen the primary monitor? This might trick AutoCAD into not registering the "blank space" between the two screen resolutions.

~ Mary

cnewton
Message 15 of 17 (306 Views)

11-07-2011 11:52 AM in reply to: MarySeufert

Brilliant thought!:smileysurprised:, alas Autocadd is not so easily fooled.

Also places task bar on secondary, etc.

But I am willing to try other ideas!

Clint Newton III
Project Manager

Product Support
niranjan.kamath
Message 16 of 17 (296 Views)

11-07-2011 07:15 PM in reply to: cnewton

I have seen the screen shot of your settings and I believe the issue at your end could be resolved by aligning the monitors as shown in this attached image.
Align in such a way that the bottom of both the screens matches and is on same level (see attached). You may retain the both monitor resolution as it is. Just drag your primary monitor down or move the secondary monitor up to align the base level. This should resolve the issue.

We just need to base level of each monitor to match.

Apologize for any confusion in my previous thread.

Niranjan Kamath

Autodesk, Inc.

Valued Contributor
cnewton
Message 17 of 17 (290 Views)

11-08-2011 07:29 AM in reply to: niranjan.kamath

Sorry but that does not work. I tried to the left, to the right, above, and below. The only thing I have found to work is to use only one monitor and as I previously stated, that is not an option. So I have to simply accept that this feature does not work for my apparatus and move on. I have already spent too much time in search of a solution.

Clint Newton III
Project Manager

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.