AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad vs Achitecture vs Autocad LT

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
PaulSinnott1828
652 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad vs Achitecture vs Autocad LT

The design firm I just started to work with is considering upgrading to either Autocad 2015 or Architecture 2015 from Autocad 2013 LT. There are 10 designers working with the software and the drawing files are shared. Personally I prefer working on the Architecture software in terms of its ease of creating Plan drawings and Elevations including wall / window and door revisions and repositioning. I would appreciate any comments relating to this issue both positive and negative for us to consider before making a final decision.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I would recommend going with AutoCAD Architecture if your day to day tasks are creating floorplans, elevations, RCPs, etc.

Can you gauge your new co-workers comfort with 3D? Jumping from AutoCAD LT to ACA could be a big stumbling block if that is all they have known. I would recommend a training course to get everyone started.

I predict a lot of complaining about the ribbon interface Smiley LOL

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: PaulSinnott1828

AutoCAD/LT: no smart architectural objects created. You'd just draw dumb lines as if you where drafting with a pen/pencil on paper on a drafting table.

Architecture: you draw real walls, doors, doors, floors, ceilings, roofs etc. and have instant access to elevations and 3D models of what you draw.

So what do you folks do for a living, draw lines all day or create Architecture?

CAD is not 'easy', either way there is a learning curve on how to do it all properly.
Message 4 of 4
Hugh_Compton
in reply to: MarySeufert

AutoCAD ACA (Architecture) has a decent 'Data' setup (Property Sets).  This means that you can store information on your 3D objects.  This information can be used to create schedules of parts, tags (linked to the original 3D object - i.e. the data on the object changes then the tag will update automatically).  The information can also report properties such as 'Length' from 3D objects.  The 'Data' setup alone makes it worth using ACA. 

---------------------------------------

http://www.HerculeDesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost