AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

tomasj
Message 1 of 6 (239 Views)
Accepted Solution

AutoCad Interface/Background

239 Views, 5 Replies
10-14-2012 10:17 PM

Hello everyone,
As we know, AutoCad 2010 has a simple white/lemon like look as we install it, I spent hours to find out and failed, how to change my basic AutoCad looking to this special below:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/06/AutoCAD_Interface.png

The main reason that i know that it has a theme change to dark and i know how to change the colors, but as long as im interested in AutoCad i noticed that people use the same "template" i mean all the color codes are the same and the look of it is the same like in the picture i just uploaded above. So my question is How to have exact look as mentioned in the above picture?

I no longer have 2010 loaded to compare what the old colors were but the attached screen shot of the Select Color dialog box show the color settings for 'Uniform Background' in 2012.

Hope this helps.

*Expert Elite*
David_W._Koch
Message 2 of 6 (224 Views)

Re: AutoCad Interface/Background

10-15-2012 04:48 AM in reply to: tomasj

I think this is what you want:

Options dialog > Display tab > Window Elements area in the upper left corner > Color scheme drop-down list:  choose Dark.

David Koch
tomasj
Message 3 of 6 (215 Views)

10-15-2012 08:00 AM in reply to: tomasj

Not exactly, i mentioned that i know those things about color scheme and colors. But the main drawing window the grids, the background color, that [-][Top][2d Wireframe] writing on the top right corner the exact view is what im looking for.. If you didint noticed there are a lot users using the exact look i just linked at my first post, so im wondering if it is some kind of addon for AutoCad or already made template, looking for someone to point me out. 

But thanks for your time and posting i appreciate that.

*Expert Elite*
leothebuilder
Message 4 of 6 (207 Views)

10-15-2012 09:00 AM in reply to: tomasj

You've posted this question in the Autocad Architecture forum.

The photo image you uploaded shows the plain Autocad interface.

Are you telling us that you have Autocad Architecture and you want to use plain Autocad ?

Without specific information on what you have and what you want it is difficult to offer solutions.

Distinguished Contributor jcp
Distinguished Contributor
jcp
Message 5 of 6 (203 Views)

10-15-2012 09:34 AM in reply to: tomasj

I no longer have 2010 loaded to compare what the old colors were but the attached screen shot of the Select Color dialog box show the color settings for 'Uniform Background' in 2012.

Hope this helps.

tomasj
Message 6 of 6 (181 Views)

10-16-2012 05:20 AM in reply to: tomasj

Im sorry for being such a pain for you guys, all i needed is to swich from AutoCad 2010 to AutoCad 2012, feeling so stupid right now. Thanks for jcp for hint about "'Uniform Background' in 2012." and for all others who responded to my posts. All the support is always welcome..

Question answered, problem solved.

Thanks for everyone once again, topic can be locked.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.