AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Help

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
443 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad Help

I am using Autocad Architecture 2011. I rely on the Help menu to give me information about commands but often the help provided seems to be for some other program, since the things it tells me to do cannot be done on my version of Autocad.

For example, I am trying to link a table to External Data. The help text says "To unlock a data link, click Locking on either the Table ribbon contextual tab or the Table toolbar." Well, if there is a Table ribbon on Autocad Architectural 2011 I certainly cannot find it. The same for the Table Toolbar. What is going on here? Is the help for some other version of Autocad?

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you selected the entire table, or a specific cell?  In 2011, I do not have a contextual ribbon tab for the Table selected contextual tab state in either the ACA.cuix or ACAD.cuix, but both have one for Table cell(s) selected.  There is a Link Cell tool on the Data panel on the Table Cell contextual tab, which may do what you want.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

I have 2014 LT I am un-able to unlock my excel table link
Message 4 of 6
dbroad

This is demonstrated with AutoCAD 2014 but it works the same way with AutoCAD Architecture and its menu.  First, select the table. Then while the table is selected, select the border of the table.  Then the ribbon will appear allowing you to unlock the cells.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks, I was trying to unlock the entire table at once I finally figured it out after about an hour yesterday. Thank you so much for your reply.

Bill Cantrell
Project Manager &
Auto CAD Design
Johnson Electric Co. Inc.
107 Sandra ave.
Greenville, SC 29611
864-220-6164 ext. 103
864-220-6933 fax
bcantrell@johnsoneci.com
Message 6 of 6
dbroad

You're welcome.  If that solved your problem, mark my reply as the solution so that the matter is closed.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost