AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD crashes when editing Hatches

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ThatTechGuy
705 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD crashes when editing Hatches

Hey everyone. 

I seem to be having a problem with my Autodesk Architecture. When editing a hatch, Autodesk will occasionaly crash with an AutoDesk cannot continue message. I work for an IT consulting company and it's one of our clients having this issue. The machine is a more than capable Win 7 machine. I have tried -PURGE, -AUDIT and -RECOVER. Purge removes roughly 5 objects and both audit and recover warrant nothing. The drawing is on a network drive and does seem to act up on multiple computers. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try to do to fix this drawing for them? 

If anymore information is required I will defintely try and get it for you. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cadtastrophe
in reply to: ThatTechGuy

If you could attach the file someone could take a look at it.  With out seeing it its hard to say whats going on. 

That said, few years back I had a user that (for whatever reason) moved the linework in the drawing way off 0,0 (I mean like 10's of thousands of feet).  We began to have all manner of trouble with the hatches.  Once the linework was moved back to an appropriate distance form drawing 0,0 the hatch problems and crashes ceased.

Jeff

Message 3 of 6
ThatTechGuy
in reply to: cadtastrophe

Here is one of the problematic files. It is usually caused by editing hatches. 

Hope this helps. 

Message 4 of 6
pendean

What version of ACA is being used? Would it benefit from turning off HPQUICKPREVIEW variable (some PCs need that turned off)?

Message 5 of 6
ThatTechGuy
in reply to: pendean

All crashes have happened on AutoCAD Architecture 2013. The drawings were not created in 2013 however. 

Message 6 of 6
pendean

Turn off HPQUICKPREVIEW variable in 2013 and see if the problem goes away.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost