AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Architecutre 2014 Walls and filleting

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Shinerma
1301 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD Architecutre 2014 Walls and filleting

Hi, I just recently installed autocad 14 and I've noticed that I cannot fillet walls.  It will let me fillet everything else but walls.  I get not error message or anything at all.  when i type in F to fillet its not even highlighting my walls as if they are even being chosen, nothing, not even anything in the command lines.  Can anyone help, thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Shinerma

Are you running AutoCAD or AutoCAD Architecture? So far as I know, only the latter will allow you to fillet Walls.

If you are running AutoCAD Architecture, are you using a profile that has the ACA.cuix file as the main custimization file? AutoCAD Architecture redefines the FILLET command to run the AECFILLET command, which adds Walls to the list of items on which it will work.

That redefinition is done in the ACA.mnl file, which gets loaded when the ACA.cuix file is loaded. If the main CUIX file you are using started out as a renamed copy of the ACA.cuix file, then the ACA.mnl file should also have been copied and renamed to match the CUIX file name (main part only, not the file extension). In older releases, the ACA.mnl file was kept in the same folder as the ACA.cuix file. The default location in Windows 7 is C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ACA 20xx\enu\Support, wher "[USERNAME]" is your user name and "xx" is the last two digits of the release number ("14" for AutoCAD Architecture 2014). In the 2014 release, the ACA.cuix file remains there, but the ACA.mnl file has moved to a different folder. The default location in Windows 7 is C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\Support\en-us, where the "en-us" folder name may vary depending upon the language for which AutoCAD Architecture was installed and your location in the world.

If you are unable to copy and rename the ACA.mnl file to match the CUIX file you are using, you could also try to just run the AECFILLET command instead (provided you have AutoCAD Architecture).

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Shinerma

Is there a shortcut key for AECFILLET or can I change it somehow??

Everything else you said is just confusing to me sorry.

Scott Hinerman
Architectural Services
101 Commerce Boulevard
Lawrence, PA 15055
P-724.485.2922
F-724.271.3218
Email: shinerma@heartlandluxuryhomes.com

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and be advised that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. The terms for the purchase and sale of any property referenced in this email shall be solely determined by a ratified Purchase Agreement. Any information provided in this email, including but not limited to, pricing, financing, features of a property and/or community, is not to be construed as the basis of the bargain for the purchase and sale of any such property.
Message 4 of 5
David_W_Koch

You could edit your PGP file and change "F" to "AECFILLET" instead of "FILLET".

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Shinerma

thank you, that worked

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost