AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Architecture - Windows 8 Taskbar

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
chadcross
6973 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD Architecture - Windows 8 Taskbar

We have a problem with one system opening .dwg files. The correct version of AutoCAD launches (AutoCAD architecture vs. MEP/Structural Detailing) however the wrong icon in the taskbar is used.

I went through and pinned all the program icons to the Windows 8 taskbar to make it easier to pin files / access programs quickly, however with AutoCAD Architecture, right clicking the taskbar icon and choosing a drawing to open will open the drawing in a NEW taskbar icon. It still displays the splash screen / program title for AutoCAD Architecture, but it doesn't use the Architecture taskbar icon, it makes a new regular AutoCAD (no discipline) icon.

Have any other users experienced this? I have 2 users running windows 7 where this error does not occur, but our new windows 8 machine has this problem - and I'm about to build one more machine with windows 8 and would like to solve little problems such as this before I do.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: chadcross

AutoCAD version(s)?
Message 3 of 4
chadcross
in reply to: pendean

Bldg Design Suite Premium 2014, no previous versions installed.
Message 4 of 4
chadcross
in reply to: chadcross

Anyone else experience this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost