AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Architecture - Units of Elevation of Levels in Project Navigator

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1405 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD Architecture - Units of Elevation of Levels in Project Navigator

How do I change units of Elevation of Levels in 'Project Navigator'? Currently 'Floor to Floor Height' is showing up as 3000.0

Autocad Architecture 2014

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

@David_W._Koch
Help?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Sorry, I didn't searched in cummunity for this query. Found a same question. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-architecture-general/project-navigator-elevation-level/td-p/51...

But here is an other problem, there is no Template Project (Imperial) folder in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ACA 2014\enu\Template and not even Commercial Template Project (Imperial).

Followed method shown in this link of adding Content Pack: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-mep/downloads/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Missing-t...

After clicking Update an error occurs, screenshot attached.

What to do?

Message 4 of 5
David_W_Koch

Some information about your location and your current installation would be helpful.

From your post, I assume you want to use imperial (feet and inches) units.  Are you located in the United States?  If not, where are you located?

Do you know what content was selected for installation on the initial install?  Do you know where the source files were located on the initial installation?

Do you have anything in the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ACA 2014\enu\Template folder?  In other words, do you have any ACA drawing template files (DWT extension)?  I have 26 template files in that folder.  There are (Global Ctb), (Global Stb), (Imperial Ctb), (Imperial Stb),  (Metric Ctb) and (Metric Stb) variants of the following template "roots":  Aec Sheet Set, Aec Model and Aec Sheet (18 templates).  There are (Imperial Stb) and (Metric Stb) variants of the following template "root":  GSA Model (2 templates).  There are (Imperial Ctb), (Imperial Stb),  (Metric Ctb) and (Metric Stb) variants of the following template "root":  Structural Model (4 templates).  And there are templates named acad3D.dwt and acadiso3D.dwt (2 templates).  (Beyond those 26 templates, I also have four "UK" templates and a _My Template.dwt.  I believe I installed UK content when I installed 2014; not sure from where the _My Template.dwt came.)

Are there any folder under the Template folder (such as AutoCAD Templates, Details and Keynotes, Evaluation Templates, PTWTemplates or Roombook Templates)?  From your post, I assume you do not have any folders whose name includes the word "Project".  In my installation, there are five such folders:  Commercial Template Project (Imperial), Commercial Template Project (Metric), Template Project (Global), Template Project (Imperial) and Template Project (Metric).  You would probably want to start with one of the two "Imperial" folders to get feet and inches units in the project.

It would seem that you either have an incomplete installation, or that the desired Imperial content was not installed.  If the latter is the case, adding the content as you tried to do would be the correct approach.  The error message you are getting is indicating that AutoCAD cannot find the original installation source files.  This is common if the installation source files were on a DVD that would most likely have been removed from the computer after the installation was complete.  It can also happen if a network source was used, and is not currently available or if the files were moved or deleted after the installation was completed.  I believe it is trying to look for AcadPS.msi in C:\Other\aut_arh\x64\en-us\ACA\, which implies that the source files were at one time on your hard drive.  If your installation was made by pushing an image of the installed files, they may have been in that location on the machine from which the image was created.  If you have checked in C:\Other\aut_arh\x64\en-us\ACA\ and do not have an AcadPS.msi file there, you could try searching for one elsewhere.  Best bet would be to contact the person(s) that installed the program, if that was not you, to figure out where the source files are so that you can try to install addional content and/or repair your installation.

Worst case if that does not work would be to do a repaire installation and then if that does not work, a clean uninstallation and reinstallation.  Instructions on starting that process can be found here.  But you would still need access to the installation media (files) for that.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: David_W_Koch

One other thought - was your installation done using the default locations, or could some content, including template files, have been redirected to another location, possibly a network location?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost