AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Architecture 'Press Pull tool' in 3-D Modeling Environment

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
aorion
440 Views, 0 Replies

Autocad Architecture 'Press Pull tool' in 3-D Modeling Environment

Hello, I have been experience difficulties with the ‘press pull’ tool in Autocad Architecture’s 3-D modeling environment. The order of operations I have been using include the following: -I first opened an elevation drawing of a house and changed it to be all one layer to aid in visual clarity while in the 3-D interface. -Then I change the software from the ‘drafting and annotation’ mode to the ‘3-d modeling’ mode. Next I changed the drawing view to be isometric. -I then created a mass rectangular behind the elevation so that I have something to ‘press and pull’ into (see attached figure 1). -Then I activate the ‘press pull’ tool and selected shapes on the elevation drawing to either pull out or press into the mass. -At this point I was able to manipulate the mass flawlessly with the tool for about 10 moves (see attached figure 2). At move 11 however, the cursor would start to disappear when I zoomed into the model to select my next shape. Next, the (invisible) cursor would start selecting lines even though I did not click on anything (See attached figure 3), the line were selected by simply moving the (invisible) cursor over top of them. This combination of traits makes the tool unusable. I then hit the escape button to exit out of the tool but rather than being able to exit out of the tool after hitting escape once I had to hit escape 6 times. -I then activated the ‘press pull’ tool again and had the same results, except that instead of being able to hit escape 6 times to exit the tool, my software became unresponsive and then closed itself. Out of curiosity, I have at this point, tried using this tool on 6 different desk top computers and my laptop. Each time I have experienced the same results. Any information on how this may be fixed would be great as I am interested in exploring the Autocad 3-D modeling world. I do however understand the value of the press pull tool from using it in other modeling software and don't want to have to have to sacrifice it to use Autocad. Thanks!!
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost