AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad Architecture Not Responding

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jafollett
628 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCad Architecture Not Responding

I am running Windows 7, 64-bit operating system with 8.00 GB of RAM.  When I open AutoCad it starts up just fine.  It lets me open one file and then will not let me open any others, new or existing.  It goes to Not Responding and then shuts down.  I have had the computer reformated and then reinstalled AutoCad 2012.  The problem persists.  Any ideas of how to get this working properly?  It does not seem to matter which file I open, it just will not let me open a new file or existing one after that.  During this process, the Windows Task manager indicates that the CPU is not taxed at all.  AutoCad just goes to Not Responding.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nparcher
in reply to: jafollett

I would also love to know how to fix this issue.  I am having the identical problem with what sounds like an identical system.

Message 3 of 4
smkmiller

I have an identical system - 8G Ram, Windows 7, etc., ect.

This is a new issue that has just started.  I'm running Architecture 2012 since October (10 months).

When startind a new project I do the usual "Save As" from a previous one and now it is locking up.

Any solutions?

Message 4 of 4
yaninp

I am running a Windows 8 system 64-bit, 4.00 GB RAM. I've installed AutoCAD 2013, AutoCAD 2013 Architecture (student version) and AutoCAD 2014 Architecture (student version). I've tried "run as administrator', uninstall-reinstalling it and every time, it's the same problem. The program opens up fine, until I click one thing in it, it becomes 'not responding' EVERY TIME.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost