AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Architecture and Mobile workflows

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
bagchis
2642 Views, 16 Replies

AutoCAD Architecture and Mobile workflows

Are there any AutoCAD Architecture users out here looking to share drawings with stakeholders or people out there in the field working with Mobile devices. The ACA team is interested in hearing more about these type of field collaboration workflows, what type of challenges you currently face and how we could make this experience better for you. Also think of collaboration workflows you would normally do with traditional pen & paper, photos, markups etc today, but feel we can make more effective by leveraging the advantages of mobile devices such as anytime, anywhere access to the latest data. 

We would appreciate your feedback in this area, please feel free to send your comments directly to me via email at shibai.bagchi@autodesk.com or by replying to this thread below. We look forward to hearing from you.

Shibai Bagchi

Product Manager, Autodesk

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
pan7248
in reply to: bagchis

IS THERE ANY OPTION TO USE DWG FILE IN MY ANDROAD MOBILE , ANY APPS AVALABLE FOR USE AUTOCAD IN MOBILE

PRABHAKAR NAIDU
Message 3 of 17
David_W_Koch
in reply to: pan7248

AutoCAD WS is available for mobile devices.  You would have to upload your drawings to an Autodesk 360 account, and you would need internet access in the field.  My understanding was that AutoCAD Architecture objects would not be recognized when working this way, however, which may be what prompted the original post above.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 17
bagchis

Prabhakar,

AutoCAD WS Mobile App is supported on Android and iOS platforms. You can find more info here -

https://www.autocadws.com/

What kind of workflow/use case did you have in mind with the Mobile device?

Regards,
Shibai Bagchi

Product Manager

Autodesk

Message 5 of 17
pan7248

I used this apps but my frd how i use my dwg file in mobile
PRABHAKAR NAIDU
Message 6 of 17
bagchis

You will need to save the DWG drawing to your online Autodesk 360 folder. The AutoCAD WS Mobile app can then access the files you have stored in your Autodesk 360 folder.

Hope this helps.

Shibai Bagchi

Product Manager

Autodesk

Message 7 of 17
pan7248

?
?Dear Sir,

THANKS

Regards,

PRABHAKAR NAIDU
PRABHAKAR NAIDU
Message 8 of 17
pan7248

how to i create autodesk 360 folder and upload  drawing

PRABHAKAR NAIDU
Message 9 of 17
bagchis

Check out this YouTube video on how to upload files to AutoCAD WS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXpUf4NVzbM&list=PL0910B009A5CF5593

There are also a number of tutorial videos here -

http://www.youtube.com/user/AutoCADWS

Shibai

Message 10 of 17
tbecker1

I use Autocad drawing from an outside source, and use them on tablet with (formerly Autocad WS)  Autocad 360. I find it quite easy to use. I usually then plot to PDF.  It would be nice to be able to plot to pdf from my tablet, so I could then e-mail without having to go back. 

Thomas Becker

Pre-Incident planning Manager

NRNW F&ES.

(360)257-2532

Message 11 of 17
pendean

And where would the PDF file be stored? That's the limitation of 'light' tablets with no authoring software: no storage destination.
So far you need a heavy weight OS for printing-to-file with storage capabilities.
Message 12 of 17
Oilymo

I use AutoCAD 360 (formerly AutoCAD WS) all the time with my customers.  It is a massive selling point for me as I can upload the files and share with clients.  I have only had a handful come back to me with amendments via the cloud but for them to be able to visualise the project in my absence is something that I am sure has won me work!

Are there any plans to implement the 3D functionality via the PC interface?

Regards

Ben

Message 13 of 17
crazygreek10

I would like to see the mobile incorporation of using the project manager from a mobile device.  It makes it difficult to have to bind drawings to take to the field for editing.  Not sure how you would create this work flow but it seems difficult to use the project navigator everyday to create a workflow and be able to take it into the mobile world.

Message 14 of 17
jovan_alain5

aaaaa
Message 15 of 17

DWF files can help maybe.

Richard Vivanco V.
Arq. BIM Manager + Autodesk Certified Instructor
Website | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 16 of 17
gracpox2
in reply to: Richard.Vivanco

Now will I tested the phone AutoCAD;) we'll see how it will look like 🙂

Message 17 of 17
dgtayag031
in reply to: tbecker1

Hi,

Can you help me?

I am looking for sites or forums that offers CAD drawings outsourcing services.

It could be website, forums, or listings that I could advertise?

Please let me know.

Here's my e-mail address: marketing.archetype@gmail.com

Thank you!

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost