AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Architecture 2015: Roombook Displays Materials as *None*

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Stevenp
520 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad Architecture 2015: Roombook Displays Materials as *None*

I have assigned materials to the wall style components. I set up associative spaces with tags. I then run Calculate Room Quantities. The result of the Room Quantities are correct except that the materials for all but one of the 12 wall types show the materials as *NONE*. I need help figuring out why only one wall shows the correct material but the other walls show as *None*.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pothied
in reply to: Stevenp

Could you attach a sample drawing showing the problem?

David Pothier

Message 3 of 3
Stevenp
in reply to: Stevenp

I do not have access to the drawing document at this time. Hours after posting, I compared the walls that showed the correct results with the walls that did not and Voila!!!...the walls that showed the material as *None* were the masonry walls where the exterior face of the wall was a structural component. By me changing the component from structural to non-structural, Roombook displayed the material correctly. I was able to replicate the condition.

I am wondering what the rules are for creating wall styles anticipating that they will be run through Roombook at some point.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost