AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTOCAD ARCHITECTURE 2015 - Convert to Mtext in Express tools Ribbon

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
aalgarcia
2303 Views, 13 Replies

AUTOCAD ARCHITECTURE 2015 - Convert to Mtext in Express tools Ribbon

Convert to Mtext in Express tools Ribbon will not work. once i try to use the command, i will get the following message in the command line. Command: txt2mtxt Unknown command "TST2MTXT". Press F1 for help. Help will do nothing. Does any one know how to correct this?
Tags (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
David_W_Koch
in reply to: aalgarcia

The TXT2MTXT command works just fine in ACA 2015 here.

Do any of your Express Tools work?  If not, does typing EXPRESSTOOLS at the Command: prompt help any?

If not, does the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\Express folder contain leaderex.arx?  That is the file that defines the TXT2MTXT command.  If so, is that folder on your AutoCAD Search Path?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 14
aalgarcia
in reply to: David_W_Koch

David, thanks for your response and support. It helped solving the Convert to Mtext in Express tools Ribbon problem. To begin with, why would this file not load properly? Is there an other way to load the file? Anyways, here is the fix. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- FIX. Hahaha, the problem is that the file is not loaded? Loaded the file (leaderex.arx ) as follows: Command: ARX Enter an option [Files/Groups/Commands/CLasses/Services/Load/Unload]: l Browse (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\Express\leaderex.arx) for the file and you done. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- To arrive at this fix I had to followed all the suggestions made by David. First, cheeked to see if other command in the ribbon worked. Yes, other Express Tools work. Then I tried typing EXPRESSTOOLS at the Command line. following is the result: Command: EXPRESSTOOLS Customization file unloaded successfully. Customization Group: express Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: EXPRESS Unloading and reloading didn’t help. Second, I searched the folder directory for the file (leaderex.arx ). Yes, the file is contained in the folder directory. Next, I tried unloading the file (leaderex.arx ) as follows: Command: ARX Enter an option [Files/Groups/Commands/CLasses/Services/Load/Unload]: U Enter ARX/DBX file name to unload: leaderex.arx Unable to unload application 'leaderex.arx' because it's not loaded. FIX. Hahahaha, the problem is that the file is not loaded? Last, I loaded the file (leaderex.arx ) as follows: Command: ARX Enter an option [Files/Groups/Commands/CLasses/Services/Load/Unload]: l Browse for the file and you done. Thank You, aalgarcia ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 4 of 14
cwilkins8

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I'd been having the very same problem and was missing my TXT2MTXT command. You're a life-saver!

cwilkins8
Message 5 of 14
aalgarcia
in reply to: cwilkins8

Great. This command is very useful when adjusting annotation on details. It’s a must have or it will drive you mad.
Message 6 of 14
NeutronStar13

Great!

Following the instructions below got it working.

Load the file (leaderex.arx ) as follows from the Command line:

Command: ARX

Enter an option [Files/Groups/Commands/CLasses/Services/Load/Unload]:

Choose LOAD, then browse to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\Express\leaderex.arx for the file, highlight it, click OPEN and you are done.

It works after it is loaded, but has to be loaded every time you restart ACAD Arch.

Should I put it in the standard lisp file to make sure it loads every time, or is there a better way?

Message 7 of 14

Is leaderex.arx in a file on your search path?  Did you run the EXPRESSTOOLS command to activate the Express Tools ribbon tab?

That should be sufficient; it works here.  If it is still not working you after doing the above, you could put leaderex.arx in the StartUp suite of the Load/Unload Applications dialog (APPLOAD command - on the Manage ribbon tab, on the Applications panel, choose the Load Application tool).  You could also place this line

(arxload "leaderex.arx")

in your acad.lsp file (create one if one does not exist), and that will get loaded every time you start AutoCAD.  The acad.lsp file should be in a trusted location, as specified in the Options dialog, Files tab, under the Trusted Locations node.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 8 of 14
pkolarik

David,

I upgraded to ACA 2015 last week and am having the same issue as mentioned here. Some of my express tools are not working and some are. From the tracking I've done it appears that any express tools that run just from a lsp file work fine and any that reference back to an arx file don't work at all.

The paths are all correct, the express tools ribbon tab shows up just fine.

The only thing I've found to work is manually loading the required arx file via "appload". I've manually loaded the "leaderex.arx" and the "mocoro.arx" so far (and put them into my startup suite) and from what I can see any express tools associated with those work fine now.

However, my "arctext" (probably others too that I just haven't discovered yet) isn't working.

Is there a list somewhere of which arx files control which express tools functions?

I could go thru them one at a time and load each one individually via appload until I found the right one, or I could just load them all into the startup suite (I'd rather not, since they appear to take up resources once loaded) and be done with it..... but I'd like to just load the one I need.

Thanks!

Message 9 of 14
David_W_Koch
in reply to: pkolarik

Have you run the EXPRESSTOOLS command?

Are the Express files located in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\Express on your computer?

You indicate that all support paths are correct, so I assume this path\folder is included in the Search File Support Path (and also in the Working Search File Support Path) on the Files tab of the Options dialog.  Are you getting any sort of error regarding trusted file locations when you run the commands?  I have not experienced that, and the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\Express folder is not in my list of trusted paths.  I am assuming that AutoCAD does not question the trustworthiness of the installation folders, but if you have altered the default installation locations, that may not hold true.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 10 of 14
cwilkins8

Hello! Yes I've run EXPRESSTOOLS and it's working great. I had to put all the *.arx in my STARTUP SUITE so they would load up when I start AutoCAD. For some reason, I guess the link, etc., was corrupted at some point in time. Also had to reload the program - had other problems and general PITB glitches. All's working great now. Thank you for help.

Thank you!
Carla Wilkins
Message 11 of 14
vassalotti1

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you run the EXPRESSTOOLS command?

Are the Express files located in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\Express on your computer?

Hi David.  What to do if the Express folder is not in my AutoCAD 2015 directory?  I tried loading EXPRESSTOOLS command and nothing. I tried to add the Support File Search Path and it wasn't in the directory.
Thanks for any help in advance.

Message 12 of 14
David_W_Koch
in reply to: vassalotti1

If you used the default settings for your ACA 2015 installation, Express Tools will not be installed.

To install Express Tools, you should be able to go to the Windows Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features and find Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2015 - English (or whatever name your version uses), right click on it and choose Uninstall/Change.

In the Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2015 dialog that appears, choose Add or Remove Features. 

The first page shows content packs.  OPTIONAL:  Add or remove content if desired.  This is not necessary to add Express Tools.

Press Next.

On the second page, you can add or remove features.  Select the Express Tools toggle to add a check mark to it.  OPTIONAL:  Add or remove other features.

Press Update.

The installer will do its thing, and Express Tools should be installed.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 13 of 14
vassalotti1

Worked great! Thank you very much.
Message 14 of 14
andy
in reply to: vassalotti1

Thanks a bunch!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost