AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad architecture 2014 64bit displays conceptual views as wire frame

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
daley1234
2568 Views, 11 Replies

Autocad architecture 2014 64bit displays conceptual views as wire frame

Autocad architecture 2014 64bit displays conceptual views as wire frame when displayed in 3D; does any one experience this or knows the solution to this problem?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
David_W_Koch
in reply to: daley1234

If we are talking about the same thing, I am not seeing that here.  In the attached image, I have some Walls, Doors and Windows, viewed from the SW Isometric view direction, with the Conceptual Visual Style set current.  The objects are not seen in wire frame.  Are you doing this and getting different results?  Or do you mean something different by "conceptual views"?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 12
paul_s

I am having the same(ish) problem.  I can see conceptual on the screen but when I try to print I only get a wireframe print.  However if I draw something on a new drawing rather than one of our templates that has been around for years it behaves correctly which leads me to suspect that it is a problem with my templates.

Apologies if this is not remotely the same problem as yours

Message 4 of 12
David_W_Koch
in reply to: paul_s

In the Plot dialog box, have you expanded the dialog to show the additional information at the right side?  (At bottom right corner there is a round button that controls the expansion.  If you see a ">" icon on the button, click it to expand the dialog.  If you see a "<" icon, the dialog is already expanded.)

With the dialog expanded, what do you have set in the Shaded viewport options area (just below the Plot style table (pen assignments) area)?  Is Shade plot set to As displayed, or to the desired visual style?  Or is it set to Legacy wireframe or Wireframe?  Is the setting different when plotting from a drawing started with your template, compared with one of the out-of-the-box templates?

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 12
paul_s

David, I didn't start this thread but if it is me that you're replying to but I am attaching a drawing file to this reply that will hopefully show what I mean.  I have the plotting dialogue box expanded and set to plot to conceptual style and set to plot to pdf.  The object on the left is a 3D Solid and prints fine but the object on the right is a mass element and prints wireframe.  I have created this drawing from the templates that came with the new download from Autodesk.  If I set the display to conceptual and plot as displayed both objects print the same but if I set display to wireframe and the plot style to conceptual (or any other hidden style) then the 3D solid prints OK but the mass element prints wireframe.

Many thanks to anyone who can shed any light on this, Paul

Message 6 of 12
daley1234
in reply to: paul_s

Thanks for all your replies guys however; it seems I have not explained the problem correctly. I am not trying to do a plot what I'm trying to do is to display the object and save it as a conceptual 3D view to present to the client however; once you select conceptual view it returns a wireframe display instead.

Message 7 of 12
David_W_Koch

@daley1234 wrote:

Thanks for all your replies guys however; it seems I have not explained the problem correctly. I am not trying to do a plot what I'm trying to do is to display the object and save it as a conceptual 3D view to present to the client however; once you select conceptual view it returns a wireframe display instead.

As stated in my first reply, I am not seeing that here.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 8 of 12
daley1234
in reply to: David_W_Koch

As anyone else experienced this issue I have reported? I still have AutoCAD 2013 installed on my laptop and if I do an object view from 2013 using conceptual view it shows up perfectly. Now if I open AutoCAD Architecture 2014 from the same laptop and open the said file then do another object view using conceptual view, a wirefire view is showed instead. Is there a way for me to log this issue directly to Auto Desk?

See the two sample views attached. 

Message 9 of 12

I am having a similar problem. Sometimes when I open a blank dwg drawing for doing homework on...I will get hatched top views of walls and of other items in the Tools Palette. However, it will randomly just give me a black and white wireframe of the wall with no hatch details of the assembly...and I am having the toughest time getting the hatch patterns back in top view and the other views as well. I am looking at the layers, styles drop down...there is something that I am not getting. Very disruptive to momentum in study...very. I tried to place a pocket door and got a standard door instead. Same thing happened with placing a double bi-fold door for a closet...just got a single standard door.

Message 10 of 12
daley1234

On further inspection, I have found that the issue is only happening with walls. If I used another object for exmaple a Bath room or Kitchen fixture, the conceptual view comes up fine but not for walls. Does anyone knows of any setting that can be changed to correct this problem?

It's really urgent now. 

Message 11 of 12
daley1234
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Where do you find the Plot dialog box?
Message 12 of 12
David_W_Koch

CTRL+P or at the command prompt, type PLOT and press ENTER.

My comments on plotting were directed to paul_s, who had indicated that he saw conceptual on-screen, but was not getting it to plot.  In your case, where you are not seeing it on-screen, the plot dialog settings should not have any effect on how the Walls are showing on screen.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost