AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Architecture 2011- Lost my main tools on top of the page

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Daniel.T
1018 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD Architecture 2011- Lost my main tools on top of the page

Hey, I'm very new to AutoCAD Architecture 2011 and some how I lost/deleted/closed my main tools on top of the page            ( Home, insert,annotate,render,view,manage). I'm really desperate to continue my project that I started, but I can't find a way to return those main tools. Can some one please help me? I would really appreciate it 🙂

Regards, Daniel.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Daniel.T

There could be a number of reasons why your ribbon is not showing.  The simplest is that you have turned off the ribbon.  If you type RIBBON at the Command: prompt and press Enter, do the ribbon tabs return?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Daniel.T
in reply to: David_W_Koch

YES IT DOES RETURN!! 🙂 thank you so much for your help! I just have one more equestion,sir. How would i move the ribbon back to the to of the page? because it appeared in the middle of my page.

Kind regards, Daniel

Message 4 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Daniel.T

You should be able to drag the ribbon palette up toward the top of the ACA window and it should dock.

If you can not move the palette, left-click on the lock icon on the Application Status Bar (at the lower right of the ACA window) - if there is a check mark next to Floating Windows in the popup menu, select it to clear the check mark and unlock Floating Windows.

If the ribbon palette will not dock, right click on the palette title bar and, in the contextual menu that appears, click on Allow Docking, to place a check mark in front of that menu item and allow the palette to be docked.  Now when you move the ribbon to the top of the ACA window and it should dock.

(If you unlocked floating windows, you may want to re-lock them now that the ribbon is docked, if you want to keep other floating windows (palettes) from moving.)

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Daniel.T
in reply to: David_W_Koch

it works perfectly! thanks, again for you help, David! i will deff return to this discussion group when i have any other issues!

Regards, Daniel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost