AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD architecture 2010 render and display problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
csimms
439 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD architecture 2010 render and display problem

Please could anyone help!

I have a new laptop and have installed AutoCAD architecture 2010 but it freezes when I turn on the shadows in camera view and it will not render.

I purchased this Del workstation to run this program and am very frustrated as I cannot complete my work. The laptop spec is:

Del precision M6500

Intel core  i5 CPU M560 @ 2.67GHZ

4GB

64 bit

Display adapter ATI firepro M7820

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ntellery
in reply to: csimms

Have you tried turning off/on hardware acceleration?  Sometimes you just have to go with software acceleration as the graphics card is just not cutting it. Go into Options, Systems tab, performance settings button, click manual tune and un/tick the Enable hardware acceleration box.  try it again and see what the differences are.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 3 of 3
John.W.Mumaw
in reply to: csimms

I have the same computer and graphics card and while I don't use 2010 these days I tried loading a model into 2010, turning on shadows and rendering with no problem.  I would say that 4gb of memory in a 64 bit operating system such as Win7 (you didn't say what you were using) is the miniimum you should have.  I'd try adding another 4gb. 

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost