AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Architecture 2009

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
PaulSinnott1828
509 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD Architecture 2009

I have Architecture 2009 installed on both my laptop and PC both with Windows Vista Home Premium operating system

I have a problem on my PC printing the drawings using my ctb file located in the Autodesk\ACD-A2009\enu\PlotStyles file. The Printing dialog box indicates that the ctb file is missing and I have no access to the Plot Styles Table options.

When I type STYLESMANAGER in the command line the sequence should be Autodesk\ACD-A2009\enu\PlotStyles but it links to the default Plot to File default location set up under the Menu browser A\Options\Plot and Publish tab in my Documents file. C:\Users\Paul\Documents

I have completed a repair but still have no access to the Plot Style Table options in Printing mode.

In ProgramData\Autodesk\ACD-A2009\ene\plotters when I click on Add or Configure plotters I am redirected to  C:\Users\Paul\Documents my Plot to File default location.

The software seems to be missing the link  Autodesk\ACD-A2009\enu\PlotStyles to allow me the plotter options indicated in the Plotters file. I look forward to your feedback and solution.

Many thanks in advance

Paul

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: PaulSinnott1828

OPTIONS command, FILES tab, PRINTER SUPPORT FILE PATH entry, PLOT STYYLE TABLE SEARCH PATH entry, you will see where AutoCAD is looking for plot style tables as it was told to do. Change it there to whatever else you want.

Explore all those other paths in that FILES tab and set them all to want you want.

Remember to save your current active AutoCAD profile afterwards if you want AutoCAD ARCH to always remember these changes.

OR just move your plot style table to the folder it's looking in 🙂

Message 3 of 7
PaulSinnott1828
in reply to: pendean

When I was plotting a drawing file the following message appeared and closed down the program. The software and plotting was working fine up until this message.

Autocad Error Aborting

Fatal Error Unhandled c000000dh Exception at 734d4ba1h

How can I correct this problem ? Do I need to do a Restore ?

Message 4 of 7
pendean

Sadly, that means nothing. is the problem one file, or every single file you have plus all new files?
Message 5 of 7
PaulSinnott1828

Hi Dean

This error appears with one file only and it seems that when I select the printer option HP Deskjet 9800 Printer a note appears Plotting configuration does not support the paper size of the current layout and then I am given 2 options 1) use the default paper size  or 2) use the custom paper size and add it to the plotter configuration.

When I select option 2 which I usually do for this file the Error message appears. When I select the HP Deskjet 9800 Printer option there is no plotter listed or location in Where. When I use the HP Deskjet 9800 Printer.pc3 printer option the Plotter path is HP Deskjet 9800 Printer - Windows System driver - by  Autodesk and Where: is LPT1.  If I us printer option HP Deskjet 9800 Printer.pc3 I have no problems plotting this file.

Is there a way of correcting the path settings for the HP Deskjet 9800 Printer option ? As I said I can print this file using a .pc3 printer and this seems to be the only file I am am having problems with all other Autocad files print with the HP Deskjet 9800 Printer option and it must relate to the custom size paper layout option ???????

Message 6 of 7
pendean

Never use "option two" when presented IMHO.

It would appear you have system printers hidden in your AutoCAD profile (uncheck the box in OPTIONS command, Plot tab) or your version of the driver is completely different from the one saved in the file.
I can't see over your shoulder 🙂
Message 7 of 7
PaulSinnott1828

Options command / Plot & Publish tab there is a default output device Microsoft XPS Document Writer. Is this the setting you are referring to in your email ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost