AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2015

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Kiko-ita
558 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad 2015

Hi there, I'm trying to figure out something. I have the Building Design Suite 2015 standard and I saw that in the Autocad 2013 Architecture you were avle to design 3D walls, doors ect.... can I do that with mine? I thought that my Suite was including Atuocad Architecture

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ntellery
in reply to: Kiko-ita

You possibly have both Autocad and Autocad Architecture as seperate installs. ACA is Autocad with a plugin on top but it's a seperate install from scratch, not installed as an extra. Go back and see what you were given in the package. MEP is ACA with another package on top again, for mechanical work. Possibly 'standard' did not come with ACA.
www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 3 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Kiko-ita

The 2015 edition of the Building Design Suite Standard includes AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, AutoCAD MEP, AutoCAD Structural Detailing, Showcase, AutoCAD Raster Design and ReCap.  As Nathan mentioned, if you only installed AutoCAD, you will not have the features of AutoCAD Architecture, which is a separate installation.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 4
Kiko-ita
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thanks for the replies!!!

I got it!!! I did a basic installation without selecting the Architecture. The problem now is that when I start the installation is failing. I already tried twice and I saw that at one point it's saying that there is a new version so I tryed to do the update but I got an Error 1618 ( I google it and is because I'm doing 2 installations at once).

I will try again later now I need to work 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost