AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 crashes

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Ralph91261
2359 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 crashes

I can only open one cadd file since getting latest 2015 update from Autodesk. Locks up when second drawing is opened. Also doesn't function when opening earlier versions on AutoCAD (2013 versions).

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Ralph91261
in reply to: Ralph91261

The issue with the crashes was the Service Pack 2 update for AutoCAD Architecture 2015. After uninstalling system returned to normal.

Message 3 of 5
DParkRMAK
in reply to: Ralph91261

I concur, Drawing was crashing constantly no reason, just clicking on the screen caused it to crash. I uninstalled the update and it hasn't crashed since / yet.

Message 4 of 5

Hi Ralph,

AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Service Pack 2 has not been released yet. Did you install and uninstall core AutoCAD 2015 Service Pack 2?

If this is the case, you might try installing AutoCAD 2015 SP2 and then the Big Fonts Hotfix that was just released. This could be causing the crashing issue you're seeing.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 5 of 5

It was service pack 1 for Autocad architecture that I uninstalled. I just set up a new computer last week with windows 8 and was having no issues until I installed SP1 on Friday. Since uninstalling it yesterday around mid day I have not had a crash. It was crashing constantly before.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost