AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2014 will not run with screen maximized

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
larry.alwood
682 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad 2014 will not run with screen maximized

When Autocad is started, it appears to  be in a maximized window (it covers the entire screen and the windows maximize icon in the upper right corner shows maximized, but if I click on the top of the screen I can still drag the location of the Autocad window as though it was not maximized.  Clicking the windows button to show in a window reduces the Autocad window as it should and re-clicking to maximize APPEARS to maximize Autocad, but it can still be dragged from the top of the screen.

This is not a windows problem, because all of my other programs (internet explorer, MS word, etc.) will maximize as they should.  Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

I am running windows 7, 64 bit and Autocad 2014.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: larry.alwood

You can drag maximized AutoCAD that way in Win7 64bit: 2012, 2013, 2014. I don't have earlier versions to test.

I can also do so with all the MSOFFICE2013 apps, IE, Chrome and others when they are all maximized.

Which other 'programs' that do not do this are you referring to?

Message 3 of 5
larry.alwood
in reply to: pendean

I have spent some time trying different programs and can't find one that can be dragged when maximized.  I don't have office 2013, but my office 2010  (word, excel, outlook) are locked in place when maximized.  Also, Quicken, all of my engineering software, Internet explorer, and my virus software are all locked when maximized, just to name a few.  I even tried windows utilities (paint, wordpad, notepad,etc.)  Even maximizing the window where I am composing this reply, will lock the discussion group screen. I am also pretty sure my Autocad 2012 and 2013 could not be dragged when maximized.  As I said, every program on my computer seems to work as windows always has, except autocad.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: larry.alwood

Sorry, I cannot replicate your setup at all: I can drag any maximized program I have installed in Win7 64bit here.

one click on the title bar should select a program, click & drag will move the window & a double-click will maximize it, this is the normal handling of windows starting in win xp.

Since we are at complete odds, one of us is not doing what the other is. I described my process, what is yours?
Message 5 of 5
David_Knight
in reply to: pendean

I replicated Dean's process, and got the same thing, except when I drag my window, it goes back to a non-maximized state.

Attached is a video I made of me doing it (it's zipped so I can attach it).

*Edit*

what type of windows drivers are you using, perhaps there is some sort of desktop manager at play here?  Both NVIDIA and ATI have them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost