AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2012 text issues on model space

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
emzypops
637 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad 2012 text issues on model space

When creating text in model space it appears both mirrored and rotated 90 degrees to the horizontal. However, when I create text in paper space it is fine. I have tried looking at the properties for the text but although I can find a place to rotate the text back to the horizontal it is still mirrored and therefore unreadable.

When I copy paste stuff from one document to another this also occurs. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I cannot find anything on the internet to help me out.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: emzypops

UCS and PLAN variables are set to what in modelspace?

Message 3 of 5
cloudnin

Your ucs is most likely the cause of the problem. Do this: UCS - enter - W - enter - PLAN - enter. That should clear things up, but the stuff you've drawn so far might be wrong. Select it all and copy it to the clipboard first so you can paste it back to your drawing. You could also just copy your work to a new file that has the UCS working normally.
Message 4 of 5
emzypops

Genius. Thank you. I would never have known about all that.

Message 5 of 5
brian.lee.scott

I am having the same issue but only in certain drawing files.  The dwg came from an outside consultant.  I have looked at the UCS and PLAN variables and both are set correctly.  Any suggestions?!

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost