AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad 2010 64bit - Slow Switching between drawings...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mrwwilliams2
1552 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCad 2010 64bit - Slow Switching between drawings...

We recently upgraded to AutoCad 2010. I am running it on a Windows 7 64bit machine. Since upgrading it has begun to hang-up when switching between open drawing files. The drawing will appear immediately but the cursor does not show up for several seconds.. sometimes I can count 15 before I am able to do anything. Very Frustrating!

System is a Mac Pro running Win 7 64bit Bootcamp
10 GB ram
512 Mb ATI x1900 Video Card

Windows 7 rates the performance of the computer at 5.6 based on the hard drive...?

Is there an AutoCad system setting(s) I can change to make switching drawings faster? Thanks. Matt.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: mrwwilliams2

I had this problem with every machine on my network. For some reason ACA appears to check the InfoCenter each time you switch drawings.

To fix it you need to disable the InfoCenter, which you can only do with a registry edit.
The key is under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.0\ACAD-8004:409\InfoCenter and change InfoCenterOn value from 1 to 0.
Message 3 of 3
mrwwilliams2
in reply to: mrwwilliams2

Thanks for the feedback. I adjusted the registry... and at first it seamed to help; however, I am starting to think it might be the graphics card.
When I am switching between drawings I get screen artifacts for a few seconds. What is so strange is that when I first upgraded to Win7 and 2010 it really seamed to work much better. I wish that the system restore would work, but it will only let me go back a week. I am going to hate having to re-install...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost