AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2008 and windows 7 mouse and cursor issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
russelll
823 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad 2008 and windows 7 mouse and cursor issue

We have to work in an XP window within Windows 7 to use our Architecture 2008 and we get a mouse pointer as well as an Autocad Crosshair. The two are not exactly synced with one another . The crosshair is always playing catchup to the mouse pointer when the mouse is moved. Does anyone know how to eliminate the mouse pointer so that we only have the autocad crosshairs. I suspect that this is a result of working within an "XP" window under windows 7. Thank you.

Russell
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: russelll

Slightly off topic.... Are you needing to run ACA2008 in XP-mode becuase of an add-on? Got ACA008 running in Win7 64bit here with no issues.

System specs (RAM) and video card to see if the lag in XP-Mode is related to hardware?

Message 3 of 3
russelll
in reply to: russelll

We have to run in an XP window since we are using the 32bit version of the software on a 64bit system running windows 7.

The machine is an HP Pavilion DT7 with Intel I7 quad Core processor and  6 GB ddr3 RAM.

The graphics card is a  1 GB ATI Radeon HD 5650.

Architecture 2008 (32 bit)

I tried to create a screen shot showing both cursors in the image, but the captured image only displays the Architecture 2008 crosshairs. The mouse cursor is not in the captured image which makes me believe the issue is a result of having an "XP" box to work in rather than a setting in Architecture. Still, it would be nice to be able to rule Architecture out first.

Thanks.

Russell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost