AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching views in Model space to objects

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
248 Views, 0 Replies

Attaching views in Model space to objects

I am building a framework that helps organize my office's model space layout.  Currently when drawing, everyone has their own way of organizing their model space.  It becomes difficult to jump into someone else's drawings and help make revisions because you have to first learn how they're organized.  I have a pretty good prototype started, but there are a couple kinks to be worked out.  Is there a way within Autocad to associate a view boundary in model space with an object rather than it's relative location in that model space?  I'd like to be able to move details in model space while maintaining their contents in paper space.  This would be helpful in the event that a sheet needs to be added to the middle of a set.  I know there are other ways to handle this concern, but I've been developing this idea specifically for our needs and I like most of it.  Ultimately, I will be creating bounding boxes for our details that I would like to associate the view creation to so that if a detail gets moved, the view boundaries move with it without having to go into the view dialog box and redraw the boundaries.  Thank you for your help and happy new year!

-Pat

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost