AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistance with Layout Scaling both Text and the model

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jtoney7852
236 Views, 1 Reply

Assistance with Layout Scaling both Text and the model

I'm very new to Autocad so please pardon my ignorance.  I'm modeling an event center for an upcoming event so I can place tables and items where they need to go. 

I had a friend help me complete the model and make changes where needed.  When I got the model back, I noticed the my layout options were different.  Now, only a portion of the model resides in the layout while the rest remains outside the printable area.  If I try any scaling I get a locked message.  Additionally, when I finally get the lock to remove, the model will scale but not the overlayed text.  I need all components to shift and scale so I can print the layout for setup.

Like I said I've only been using this for a few days so I really dont know what to do to fix this.  Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MarySeufert
in reply to: jtoney7852

Hello and welcome to the forums,

I would really recommend that you get some instruction on how to work in AutoCAD if you intend to make your living with this program. There are plenty of free resources, blogs, Youtube videos, Autodesk University on-line content, etc. You can also pay through any reseller to have hands-on courses. I've included a couple of links from on-line help to get you started. These forums are more for peer to peer help on specific issues, not for teaching, per se. But we are in general very helpful around here, so keep on posting Smiley Happy

The concept of model space and printing from paper space can be one of the biggest stumbling blocks for new users. Think of paperspace as being a canvas with a window (your viewport) looking at your model at a set scale. The viewport can be locked by the user once they have the model view as they want it. It sounds like your friend set the viewport up, locked it and annotated the view in paperspace. Probably the easiest way to overcome this issue is to move the annotation from paper space to model space before you change the viewport. Use the command CHSPACE to do this. Now when you modify the viewport the annotation will stay with its corresponding objects.

Create Multiple-View Drawing Layouts (Paper Space)

Annotate Drawings

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost