AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architecture 2012 Tool Palettes "unable to execute"

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bamckenzie69
3377 Views, 2 Replies

Architecture 2012 Tool Palettes "unable to execute"

I am running Windows 7 32 bit.  I have Autodesk Architecture 2012 installed.  When I try to run a simple wall tool from my tool pallette, I get the following error;

Unable to Execute the tool.  Possible causes are:

- The tool is not regiseterd properly.  Please check your installation.

- The tool is from another application and is incompatible with the current application.

I recently had my entire computer wiped clean, upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7, and reinstalled Arch 2012, so no other versions have been on this system.  All of my basic drafting functions work fine.

I found an old thread about using Regedit to change the registry of the tool pallettes, but that simply made my tool pallette empty.  Any other ideas?  I just installed this, so I don't understand why I would need to reinstall.  Help PLEASE!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cddrafting
in reply to: bamckenzie69

I have had similar problems with upgrading to a new version.

Don't waste your time trying to find the cause of the problem.

Insert the original disk and do a partial reinstall and it will reinistall over the previous install. Thsi should fix the problem.

If you downloaded the upgrade from the internet then sorry you cannot do this so you will need to reinstall complete.

Chris
Message 3 of 3
bamckenzie69
in reply to: cddrafting

I got it fixed.  I did a partial reinstall to make sure everything was there, then I went to my Windows Control Panel, Programs, and did a repar for Autodesk Architecture.  It reset a few things I had customized, but it solved the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost