AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arch.shx (shape) font to true type (TTF) and the elusive "slashed" zero

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JHooverVDA
3936 Views, 2 Replies

Arch.shx (shape) font to true type (TTF) and the elusive "slashed" zero

Forgive me if this has been posted multiple times (it has, but my problem has not been solved adequately).

In my office, all of our work has been done using the arch.shx font. We would like to start using Revit more often, but need to keep drawing standards the same. From what I understand, Revit does not use .shx fonts and cannot convert them.

Now, there have been numerous places on the internet that have offered solutions to this problem. I have downloaded many different replacement true type fonts (.ttf). They include:

Technical
Graphite Light
Graphite MM
Archtxt
Archtitle

Now all of these will work great to match our current drawing styles. They are not exact, but will help ease the transition, however...

None of them include a slashed zero. All of the capital O and number 0 characters look almost the same. This is not really acceptable for our office.

Has anyone solved this problem yet? Is there a better way to convert .shx to .ttf?

Has anyone mapped the arch.shx to a .ttf file yet?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: JHooverVDA

See bottom of this webpage for a service you can pay for:

http://tcfonts.com/

Or browse through the dozens of fonts websites out there, find the one you want, buy it, make it your coporate standard forever. Don't limit yourself to what Windows or MSOffice bundle OOTB.

We shy away from 'fake' handwriting fonts in CAD files, that's so last century and very unprofessional in appearance on Construction Documents outside perhaps "presentation" material. Consider using the same font(s) you use in business communications with your clients and customers with your company letterhead. My 2cents worth 🙂

Message 3 of 3
geekedbydynamo
in reply to: pendean

i totally agree with you on letting go of the handwritten fonts. there was a time when it was developed for uniformity. that time has passed. Dont get me wrong, i am the last of that generation who learnt to write like that. We need to let go of it now to move forward. Thanks for speaking about it. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost