AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arch 2011 load .xtp file to tool pallet

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
FredBirch2025
2480 Views, 13 Replies

Arch 2011 load .xtp file to tool pallet

How do I load my .xtp hatch file from Arch 2008 into my Arch 2011 tool pallet?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
pendean
in reply to: FredBirch2025

Open toolpalettes, then drag and drop the file from it's central location to your open TP in your open DWG file.

Remember, TPs are just pointers, they contain no DWG files, they just point AutoCAD to where to get the file. So it's not enough to just move the pointer usually.

Message 3 of 14
FredBirch2025
in reply to: pendean

I have tried to drag the .xtp from its folder onto the open tool pallet and windows won't allow the drop.

Message 4 of 14

i HAVE ADDED THE FILE LOCATION IN BOTH THE SUPPORT FILE SEARCH PATH AND THE TOOL PALLET FILE LOCATION. PLEASE ADVISE.

Message 5 of 14
pendean

If you cannot import from inside the ToolPalette interface, it's not an importable option in ACA2011: see the topic in HELP.

Message 6 of 14
FredBirch2025

Thank you for your time.I use the hatch tool pallet extensively, so it is very important to me.

I find no "import" function with the tool pallet, maybe that is the help I need. 

In fact I don't see how to add a single hatch to the pallet, if anyone can help with this.

Can anyone else post to this question.

Message 7 of 14
pendean

Since you are using ACA, and not plain AutoCAD, explore this old topic:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Architecture/Tool-palette-sharing/m-p/2183672/highlight/true#M...

Message 8 of 14
FredBirch2025

Maybe Autodesk has chosen to not support this function or maybe there is another very, very fast hatching tool.  Anyone?

Message 9 of 14

What is the proper way to report this as an critical issue to Autodesk?

Message 10 of 14
pendean

There is no hatches TP in ACA2011 (just like ACA2008), but there is one in ACA 2001's RUN AS AUTOCAD profile (just like ACA2008).

Did you forget to install that profile? See attached screenshot for installation: the other two from ACA2008 and ACA2008 run as AutoCAD.

Message 11 of 14
jfburton

Is your TP set to be refreshable?  I don't think you can drop anything on a TP that is set to be refresh.

Message 12 of 14
pendean

OPTIONS command>Profiles Tab>... do you have an AUTOCAD only profile? It needs to be active. If no such animal exists, you need to rerun the installation, go into Custom Install, and select it (see my last post, first screenshot).

I suspect that is how you ran ACA2008, and need to run ACA2011. See attached.

Message 13 of 14
FredBirch2025

Dean, thanks.  I have some reading to do.  I have been running ACAD since rev 12 on a Mac.  I am totally unfamiliar with profiles (other than my own), let alone understand your posts...  It's been years since 2008 and I quite  frankly don't remember loading the hatches the first time.  To update the pallet I just copied one of the hatches, pasted it, and then changed the properties.

I started by using my 2008 profile, if we are talking the same profiles, and then I have since changed it, but it never allowed the tool pallets to accept the drag and drop of the hatch .xtp file.

My email is fbirch@hughes.net.  If you have time would you send me your post ideas with a little more detail?

Thanks again

Fred

Message 14 of 14
pendean

Post a screenshot of the PROFILES tab in OPTIONS command in your ACA2011 please.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost