AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arc linework attached to room tag to space???

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Jleibold
355 Views, 2 Replies

arc linework attached to room tag to space???

Hello All,

I have a drawing that has room spaces & tags attached to them.  I can not figure out why there is an arc leading from the room tag to the space it is attached to.  I have no idea - have never encountered this, and of course I need it to finish it.  When I detach the room tag from the space, it disappears, but when I re-attach it, the arc from the tag to the space appears.  How do you turn it off?  I copied the space style from another file to over-write this one thru style manager, no luck...

Thanks in advance...

Jeff

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Jleibold

The "arc" is the anchor between the tag and the space.  Usually, the display of these are turned off, but turning them on can be a useful diagnostic tool when there is confusion as to what object a tag is anchored.

In your drawing file, in a top view, with the Display Configuration that is showing the arcs set current, open the Display Manager (Manage ribbon tab > Style & Display panel > Display Manager tool).

In the Display Manager, on the left sash, under your drawing, expand the Sets node.  Select the Display Representation Set that is shown in BOLD type; this is the currently active one.

On the right pane, a matrix of Objects vs Display Representation will appear.  Look for the Anchor Tag to Entity (unconstrained tags) and the Anchor Extended Tag to Entity (constrained tags) Objects.  Remove any check marks under the General Display Representation for these two items.

OK back to your drawing, and the arcs should be gone.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Jleibold
in reply to: David_W_Koch

yes - that did work - never used that before but now I know....
Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost