AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know when 2012 SP is coming out?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
A_Romtec
564 Views, 5 Replies

Anyone know when 2012 SP is coming out?

like the heading says, anyone heard when the service pack for 2012 is coming out? soon i hope... we have x64 and this is beyond rediculous... been using 11 its so bad...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ntellery
in reply to: A_Romtec

Yes it's well due.  I  am just moving to 12 slowly and whilst I haven't had too many terrible crashes there are issues that should have been resolved already.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 3 of 6
hjs
Enthusiast
in reply to: ntellery

Hi,

I am also wondering about this.

We are planning an upgrade and have to make a decision, 2011 or 2012 (with 1st SP). But from our experience 2011 is really slow.

I was wondering what the performance of 2012 is like?
Better than 2011?

Read below if you want to know why I am asking.

The reason I am asking is because we have moved 1 hospital project to ACA 2011 64b and the performance is not good. We were forced to move because of the design team and this was done ¾ of the way through the project. So the drawings were not started in 2011 but in 2009.

Our team has 8 users, 6 0n Win7 64b and 2 of which have 32b ACA 2011 and Win7. We use PN for the project. We have loads of other projects on PN but on ACA 2009 and its not that slow. Even this project was not that slow in ACA 2009.

All of them are complaining they are waiting minutes for drawings to open and close and other tasks tha involves the network it seems. Some users say they lose at least an hour a day if not more.

We only use spaces, walls, doors and windows on plan to schedule. I know it’s in 3D but we don’t model the whole thing in 3D.
We use basic wall build ups. Mostly just 2 lines, we don’t show detail in the walls just some hatch in some of them.
The doors and windows property sets contain the information for the schedules. But they use a location mark and formula to get the door and window number.

We use xrefs extensively.
There are 876 dwg’s in the PN with average size of 1.9MB. 410 dwg’s are Sheets.

I have done all the settings Autodesk has suggested in a support case. No real improvement. Their final comment was upgrade to 2012. Purged, recovered and left it a few months in the hope that it would improve as all drawings were eventually opened and saved in 2011.

Like I said, all of this information was in 2009 and it was twice as fast in 2009. Not quick, but acceptable, what you would expect from a big project.

Our Average Hardware:

Processor:    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5420  @ 2.50GHz, 2493 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM):      4.00 GB
Network:        Win server 2003    Speed: 100MB used with CAT 6 cables.
Display Adapter Description:   NVIDIA Quadro FX 3700

Because of all this I am reluctant to move 34 other seats to 2011 or 2012.
 I have asked our reseller for his opinion but he gave me the usual answer. There are no problems with 2012 from
any of their other customers. Said the same about 2011.

I don’t know if is something we are doing wrong. Hardware or software or because the drawings is started in 2009. And Autodesk cant give me an answer other than upgrade and the y are not paying for produtivity lost bacause of their software.

34 for x 2 hours a day waiting for ACA = 0 productivity.

Thanks for you input.

Tags (3)
Message 4 of 6
A_Romtec
in reply to: hjs

HJS; well if your using win7 64bit DO NOT switch to 2012, if you think you have issues with 2011 and it runs at a snails pace, with 2012 the snail died... ok i know thats an over exageration but you all get the point, its rediculously slow... our company actually swtiched back to 2011 because its so bad...

which is why were wanting to know when the service pack is coming out, were hoping they fixed the issues...

Message 5 of 6
MarySeufert
in reply to: A_Romtec

ACAD 2012 SP1 is in BETA testing for verticals products, Vanilla ACAD and LT SP1 are available for download.

I jumped from 2009 to 2012, and the product is very responsive. I have read many a complaint that nearly all AutoCAD 2012 products are slow if you have installed Windows7 SP1, and so I have purposefully not installed it. My partner is a Windows Guru, and he told me that MS altered the way the OS accesses memory in its SP. I also have VM Ware, which was also affected in a negative way by W7 SP1, so we were already holding off installing it, when I started to see people complaining about slow 2012 AutoCAD. Common thread was that W7 SP1 was installed. I'm also on a Linux NAS network not a Windows Server, which might help out my situation.

HJS, I would suggest getting more RAM, 4GB is a minimum recommendation to run Windows 7 64 and ACA 2012 - I would double (or triple if you can) that amount.

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 6 of 6
efinley
in reply to: hjs

I was having the same trouble and the support tech at Pacificad gave me two things that really helped, it's still a pain with mutiple xref files but much better.  Try reconciling all layers, and the best help was puging scales using the scalelist command We delete all unused scales using it. type scalelist at the command prompt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost