AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative Text too large, and inconsistent sizes.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
hnmthawkes
10031 Views, 5 Replies

Annotative Text too large, and inconsistent sizes.

When I insert a wall tag I find that the wall tag text and the box is too large compared to my annotative text. For my annotative text I use a 5/64" height in paper space. When you take a look at the attached picture you can see that the W1 from the wall tag is much bigger than my W1 annotative text object. It is my common practice to make all text the same size on my pages.

Has autocad made an easy tool for me to adjust the wall tag size? Or do I need to go into the "AEC6_Wall_Tag-P" block, and edit that block by hand?

I find that I have the same text height problems with the annotative titles, and sections. I have also included a comparison of 5/64" text right beside a title callout.

Has anyone else noticed this problem with their annotative text?

If there is not an easy way to change this, then I need to change the blocks, which means I would have to edit the blocks in every single new release of ACA that I receive.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
David_Knight
in reply to: hnmthawkes

If I am understanding your problem correctly -- You are using OOTB (out of the box) autodesk blocks for your drawings. 

When you upgraded from 2014 -> 2015 the changes you made to your OOTB blocks did not happen in 2015.

This is the correct behavior.   If you modify the OOTB blocks you should save them somewhere for your use and you should insert them from where you saved them instead of the default autodesk location.  You should be able to open an older file you have and saved the blocks out with the "Wblock" command.  Then you can redefine the block in your new drawings that have the wrong text size.

you will probably have to use the block attribute manager (Battman) afterwards to sync them. 

Did I understand your problem correctly?

Message 3 of 6
hnmthawkes
in reply to: David_Knight

I believe that you did understand my problem correctly, your response makes sense.

I was hoping that there would be an easier way to adjust the OOTB annotative block sizes, without modifying the blocks in every release.

After watching many videos on AU about setting up templates, I have adopted the idea that everything should be left as OOTB as possible.

Message 4 of 6
Gary_J_Orr

Have you set the AEC Text size control to your desired value?
Forgive me if this is either above your head or so basic to you that it will seem like a "duh, I already did that..." but,

OOTB tags use a matrix to determine the final text size of tags and the like...
It starts with a block defined to 1" text height, then modified by a factor that you set in your drawing, the default is 3/32" or 1/8" (I don't remember which off the top of my head) in Imperial drawings.

To change the value:
type in "AECDwgSetup"
click on the "Scale" tab
Change the value in the "Annotation Plot Size" box to your desired value.
You will want to do this in your Template file so it is set for all new drawings.
This should produce the desired text height with only one change to your ootb content (and templates are usually a required modification for any version)
-Gary
Gary J. Orr
(Your Friendly Neighborhood) CADD/BIM/VDC Applications Manager
http://www.linkedin.com/in/garyorr

aka (current and past user names):
Gary_J_Orr (GOMO Stuff 2008-Present); OrrG (Forum Studio 2005-2008); Gary J. Orr (LHB Inc 2002-2005); Orr, Gary J. (Gossen Livingston 1997-2002)
Message 5 of 6
hnmthawkes
in reply to: Gary_J_Orr

Thats exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
Gary_J_Orr

No problem, that's why tech junkies like me exist *ReallyBigGrin*

Truth is, they have buried the settings (which is extreemly stupid as they are a MAJOR aspect of setting up and managing the drawings) but I still remember the days when all this stuff was in a menu and expected as part and parcel of working in AEC drawings so the tools to do so were actually easy to find

-G
Gary J. Orr
(Your Friendly Neighborhood) CADD/BIM/VDC Applications Manager
http://www.linkedin.com/in/garyorr

aka (current and past user names):
Gary_J_Orr (GOMO Stuff 2008-Present); OrrG (Forum Studio 2005-2008); Gary J. Orr (LHB Inc 2002-2005); Orr, Gary J. (Gossen Livingston 1997-2002)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost