AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative Scale Crashing/Hanging

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Razor1811
275 Views, 1 Reply

Annotative Scale Crashing/Hanging

I've come across a drawing at work that contains annotative scales that we use all the time for referencing (ie callouts, text, etc.) The problem I'm running into is when this dwg is X-Reffed into any other dwg and you switch the annotative scaling in paperspace or model space to anything other than 1:100 it just hangs and won't let you do anything else.

I decided to try this at home on my PC which has ample performance (far greater than my work's pc's) and even it just ends up hanging and results in having to CTRL+ALT+DEL out of it. I've also tried saving everying as new dwg's, purging, auditing and nothing. Has anyone else run into this problem and if so how do you solve this without having to redraw your entire dwg from scratch? Your help would be most appreciative as I've run out of ideas. We currently use AutoCAD Architecture 2009 at work but I'm running 2010 at home, not sure if this is of any help in figuring this out.

Sincerely,
David W.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Razor1811

Why not cycle through the anno scales you wish to use INSIDE this file first
and see if it hangs on it's own.
Does it contain a proxy object not created by ACA?

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost