AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative Dims and Text

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
303 Views, 5 Replies

Annotative Dims and Text

I know it is a simple thing but for the life of me I cannot make it work. I must of hit a button and messed it up.

Annotative dims and text. I have multiple view ports ranging from 1/8 to 1-1/2 inch scale in one paper space. I have noted items (in model) and need them to appear in the different scaled VP's. However, too much is showing up. All scales in all vp's are active, not just the scale of the vp.

How do I fix it?

Thanks,

Marc

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MarySeufert
in reply to: Anonymous

Set ANNOALLVISABLE to 0. There is also a button on the drawing status bar next to the Annotation Scale selection box that you can use to toggle this variable on and off.

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

It is set to "0". Any other ideas? If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our office. Regards, Marcus A. Jones PROJECT MANAGER [LDJ Logo White - Email] 2554 Beach Blvd, Suite D Biloxi, MS 39531 P: 228.388.5099 F: 228.388.7088 www.ldjarchitects.com Any drawings, details, images, text, and renderings contained within the body of this email, and any attachments of similar but not limited to this same description are copyrighted by LeBatard Denmark Jones Architects, PLLC and claim all rights of the copyright laws. Unless otherwise indicated, the information contained in this message is confidential, and is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, or are not sure whether it is privileged, notify the sender immediately by telephone and please return the message to bjones@ldjarchitects.com. ? Please consider the environment before printing this email
Message 4 of 6
David_W_Koch

Are your annotative items all appearing at the size of the scale at which you wish to see them, or do they all appear at the appropriate size for the scale of a given viewport?  If the latter is true, then you have added the scale of that viewport to annotative objects which should not have it (if you do not want to see them).  If you remove the unwanted scales from each annotative item (you can select more than one at once, provided all selected should have the same scale(s)), you should get the result you seek.

Check out the setting of the ANNOAUTOSCALE variable.  You can toggle this on and off from a tool on the Drawing Window Status Bar (right next to the one that toggles the visibility of all scales, second to the right of the scale control).  Depending upon what value is set, you may be automatically adding scales to existing annotative objects every time you change the drawing scale.  That can be useful, if you start adding annotation at one scale, and then decide to use a different scale, but if you will be showing the same model space area at different scales, you will want to toggle this feature off.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

ANNOAUTOSCALE is set to -4. I want to show the same model space area at different scales, so is there an easy fix? Regards, Marcus A. Jones PROJECT MANAGER [LDJ Logo White - Email] 2554 Beach Blvd, Suite D Biloxi, MS 39531 P: 228.388.5099 F: 228.388.7088 www.ldjarchitects.com Any drawings, details, images, text, and renderings contained within the body of this email, and any attachments of similar but not limited to this same description are copyrighted by LeBatard Denmark Jones Architects, PLLC and claim all rights of the copyright laws. Unless otherwise indicated, the information contained in this message is confidential, and is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, or are not sure whether it is privileged, notify the sender immediately by telephone and please return the message to bjones@ldjarchitects.com. ? Please consider the environment before printing this email [Net-Solutions-Facebook]
Message 6 of 6
David_W_Koch

A -4 setting on ANNOAUTOSCALE will prevent a newly selected scale from being added to annotative objects, but if the objects in question already have multiple scales applied to them, turning off ANNOAUTOSCALE (which is what any negative value means) will have no effect on them.  You need to select the annotative objects and remove unwanted scales.  You can do this on multiple objects at once, provided that they all have the same unwanted scales attached.

Open the Annotation Object Scale dialog by selecting the object(s) on which you wish to work, right clicking and then choosing Annotation Object Scale > Add/Delete Scales....

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost