AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anchor - Walls and windows loosing their anchor to their walls

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
379 Views, 2 Replies

Anchor - Walls and windows loosing their anchor to their walls

it doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it can cost up to 3 hours of work time fixing or loosing (if caught in time) work.

I will be in a floor plan, undo a move or two, and for no reason I understand, the windows and doors on that floor will loose their anchor!

If I catch it in time (before saving or moving too far into the project) I can just close the file without saving and upon reopening, everything is fine.

If I don't catch it in time, auto save or too far into the project, then I have to go to each window/door and reanchor them, then reposition them.

Why does undo unanchor my doors and windows????

Autodesk Architecture 2012

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Just started having this problem. Did you ever find the cause and make it stop?

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This has been a problem that has been reported quite a bit with no real solution....or infact no true understanding of what causes it at all.

Some believe bad file save locations. some believe corrupt file (even though files never show andy signs other unanchored objects). I have seen some that could be related to objects really far from the 0,0 origin.

You probably will never know though I'd suggest creating a case with Autodesk and send them a file before the problem happened and the errored file. atleast they can document it and try and track similarities between files that display this behavior.

Send them as much info as possible about where files are stored, OS, any 3rd party apps installed, whay antivirus you use or anything you might think could play a factor. Maybe with this info from multiple users then can find a common cause.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost