AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

_AecWallAdd Unknown command "AECWALLADD". Press F1 for help.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2110 Views, 6 Replies

_AecWallAdd Unknown command "AECWALLADD". Press F1 for help.

I have installed factory design suite 2013 premium version on my system (64 bit windows 7 professional operating system)

Now i am tying to open design tool in Autodesk Architecture but it showing "Unknown command "DESIGN".  Press F1 for help"

Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,

Sagar

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
leothebuilder
in reply to: Anonymous

The Design Tool ?

Do mean the Design Tool button on the Home tab?

That should open the design group of the Tool Palettes.

Try and enter TP on the command line (TOOLPALETTES)

If the tool palettes do not appear I think you may have a faulty installation

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: leothebuilder

Dear leothebuilder

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes my problem is about Design Tool.

After enter command TP, A tool paltet window is open.

File is attached for reference.

But if I try to open Design Tool option having path  " Home Tab / Tools / Design tool

Then in not works and a information comes like mentioned below:-

"Command: Design
Unknown command "DESIGN".  Press F1 for help."

Regards,

Daya

Message 4 of 7
David_W_Koch

The tool palettes you have open look like the out-of-the-box AutoCAD palettes.  The ribbon, on the other hand, looks similar to the ACA ribbon - at least for the Home tab.  Could you somehow have the ACA ribbon, but be in "as AutoCAD" mode?  Perhaps that is the way the Factory Design Suite is set up?

If the AEC modules are not loaded, the WALLADD command will not work, and perhaps the command to load a specific ACA tool palette group also fails.  (Can you manually change the tool palettes set the Design tool palette group current?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Dear David_W._Koch

Thanks for your reply.

I have uninstalled my complete spftware and delete all old registery files and again reinstalled the software.

Now my problem has been resolved.

Regards,

Daya

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

David,

I believe I'm in the AutoCAD mode.  I've loaded Architecture 2013.  None of the ACA commands are working no matter which Profile I'm using.  Ribbon ACA commands have a question mark/cloud.  How do I check to see is I am in the AutoCAD mode & how do I change this?  I do have a custom Profile I brought over from 2012.  I made the changes to point to 2013 then Exported the profile & then Imported it.  Then changed the Target.  It all looks good but the ACA commands aren't working but they also don't work in the Architecture default Profile either. 

If I have to reinstall, where is it I tell the software not to load in the AutoCAD Mode?

Message 7 of 7
David_W_Koch

Try a repair of the installation first.  That may be enough to fix whatever files are not loading properly.  "AutoCAD Mode" is just a separate profile that does not load the AEC modules; you should also get an AutoCAD Architecture profile that will load them (if they have been installed properly and none have become corrupt).

I have never had much luck bringing profiles from one release to the next, particularly when there is a file format change, but if your Architecture profile also does not work, then there are issues beyond a problem with a migrated profile at work here.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost