AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AEC objects can't be manipulated after being used on AutoCAD 2015

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jschumacherwapc
513 Views, 1 Reply

AEC objects can't be manipulated after being used on AutoCAD 2015

Hello,

So I am the only person in my office with the new AutoCAD 2015 Architecture, and after working on a floor plan that contained AEC doors and sinks, no one else in the office can move or edit them.  They are working on AutoCAD 2010 Architecture.

When trying to move the objects, they select them (no grips appear), but as soon as they try to drag them to a new location the object doesn't follow the cursor, and rather just stay in the same place.  We had tried changing the proxy graphics to 0 and then back to 1, and this resulted in the objects dissapearing completely in the older version.   I can still open the drawing on my computer and see/work with the objects.

Is this a bug with 2015? or is there a setting I need to change for when I save?  

We have worked with Architecture in different versions before, and have never had a problem with the AEC objects being basically frozen on older versions before.

Thanks for your help!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dbroad
in reply to: jschumacherwapc

Every 3 years for as long as I can remember, the ACA file format changes so that it is not backwards compatible.  Always use the oldest version that everyone on the team has.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost