AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
210 Views, 1 Reply

Adding tags

I have a couple of questions:

1. As space objects are inserted, they can be automatically tagged.  Can this be done for both doors and windows?

2. Is it possible to show window tags in generated elevations?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

1.  Doors and Windows do not offer the automatic tagging feature out-of-the-box.  It is possible to write a custom function that will do that.  Richard Binning had posted one in the AUGI Forums many years back, but it was version-specific (VBA) and updated versions have not been posted.  The Multiple option for tagging other objects has always been sufficient for me, so I have never tried to write a custom routine that would do this.

2.  I have not checked in recent releases, but my understanding is that this is not directly possible.  The generated elevation contains linework, not the original object, so a window tag cannot be applied to the generated elevation.  And the function that generates the elevation does not generate graphics for text/attributes.  That said, there are two options that might achieve that for you: 

a.  If your elevation is in the same file as your Window (or an external reference containing the Window), you could tag the Window and then place the tag over graphics in the elevation that represent that Window.  If the Window is present via external reference, and you are not using the Drawing Management feature (Project Browser/Project Navigator), you may have to manually manage Property Data overrides to assure that any changes to the "model" ("Construct") file translate through to the file with the external reference and elevation ("View").

b.  If you look at your live model from an "elevation" view direction, you could tag the Window.  Others who have tried this have had issues with getting the graphics of that live view to be acceptable.  It depends on what you want to see in the elevation view and how much additional embellishment you need to add to what is in the model.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost