AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding backing plates on wall that show up in elevations

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
baneVader
335 Views, 1 Reply

adding backing plates on wall that show up in elevations

1. Can changes on a generated 2d section view be remembered in the model?

2. Can I add an object like a picture frame on a wall in plan, and have it show up when I generate an elevation using a call out tool? I know how to turn a pline into a wall modifier, but that's not what I want.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: baneVader

1.  Changes made to a generated 2D section or elevation have no affect on the model file(s) used to generate the section/elevation.  Depending upon the nature of the change, it is possible to reapply previous edits to a regenerated section/elevation, even if the geometry in the model has moved.

2.  You can do what you ask, provided that you model the picture frame in a way that generates graphics in an elevation view.  A simple 2D polyline drawn in a plan view to represent the top view of the picture frame will not work.  But if you build a Multi-View Block with a properly oriented elevation block, that should show up an elevation view and also in a generated elevation.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost