AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add AECPolyGons automatically - like you can spaces.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mdhutchinson
281 Views, 3 Replies

Add AECPolyGons automatically - like you can spaces.

Is there a method to generat AecPolyGons automatically, like you can Spaces?

If so, how?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Can't generate those automatically as far as I know.

You can convert closed polylines to AecPolygons.

Not sure how you want to want to use AecPolygons, so it's difficult to offer suggestions.

Message 3 of 4

@leothebuilder wrote:

Can't generate those automatically as far as I know.

You can convert closed polylines to AecPolygons.

Not sure how you want to want to use AecPolygons, so it's difficult to offer suggestions.

...and you can use BPOLY to generate the closed polylines, provided you can isolate the bounding geometry.  If that geometry includes Walls with openings (Doors, Windows, Door/Window Assemblies, Openings), you may have to temporarily adjust the cut plane to a level that does not cut any openings.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 4
mdhutchinson
in reply to: mdhutchinson

Yes, I am familiar with all these methods.

I did find that you can make Spaces that are only 2d... since spaces go in somewhat easier than BPoly, I've chosen to use Spaces instead.

As far as how I am using them... we are a multi-discipline MEP Contractor... the Spaces in our case, right now at least will serve only for Room Name info. We have our own tags. With MvBlocks we can have two display representations that will provide a placement for HVAC and a separate placement for Plumbing and Piping both reading the same data. 

We may use the spaces also for gbxml export purposes.

At any rate, thanks for the confirmation!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost