AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquiring Express Tools

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jmldg
851 Views, 5 Replies

Acquiring Express Tools

So, just learned about this today - the addition of which seems epic.  Wow do I want what Express Tools has.  This all started with my desire to use the txt2mtxt command - but the idea of Superhatch has me salivating.  Problem is getting it to load. 

What I saw first, and thus did first, was to go to Menuload... find the cuix file, and load Express.  Done.  So now I can see the icons in Autocad, but when I click on them it says "unknown command".  So clearly something didn't load all the way.

Second, I've looked online at the Autocad tutorial and see how to go into Control Panel-> Programs -> Modify -> Add Express Tools.  I got partway through that... far enough to click on the checkbox next to Express Tools and ask the program to do its thing.  The installer halted, though, and said it couldn't find the source -  be it a cd-rom or an external drive.  We got our program mailed to us on a thumbdrive.  Does this mean I have to insert the thumbdrive when I'm doing this process?  Why, I don't know, but that makes me hesitate a bit.

Thanks for any help.  Would *love* to use Express Tools.

liesl

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: jmldg

Express Tools are part of the installtion disk/download: rerun the installation and this time look for and check the box to install them.

Message 3 of 6
Oilymo

Dean,

Quick question for you as I've tried to install express tools on one machine here, where is the CUI file for the express tool located?

Many thanks

Ben

Message 4 of 6
jmldg

Here's a link to a website that takes you through it step-by-step:

http://autocadtips.wordpress.com/2012/04/16/load-express-tools-for-2013/

Also, even though we hadn't installed Express Tools on the machines when we got 2013, the cuix file (which I think you're referring to) was already loaded.  I didn't know where we had it located, so instead of "browsing" for it, I just typed in the file name "acetmain.cuix" as the above link directs you to do, and voila it worked. 

I also needed to go into the support files in options and make sure that autocad->express was loaded in there.

So it seemed like there were three main steps: installing express tools from the original thumbdrive, loading the cuix file, and making sure express tools was in the support file.

Hope that might be of some assistance.

Liesl

Message 5 of 6
Oilymo

Liesl,

Spot on thank you.

Regards

Ben

Message 6 of 6
jedenton
in reply to: Oilymo

having the same issue with express tools, however tried all three of these fixes plus uninstall-reinstalll....still express tools have unknown command ,,,,???

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost