AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Tutorials

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
PhilvK
383 Views, 4 Replies

Accessing Tutorials

I followed the steps for downloading the ACA 2010 tutorials for Vista which said to download to the Desktop, extract the files, and copy them to the Help subdirectory under Program Files. The files are there but nothing appears when I select “Tutorials” from the Help menu. I am using Windows 7 though and thought that would be the same as Vista. Any help to getting to the tutorials would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dmlarchT
in reply to: PhilvK

Were you able to get any help? I have the same problem with ACA 2010 and Vista.
Message 3 of 5
PhilvK

Nope.....no help. I'll try and do some more searching and post here if I find out anything.
Message 4 of 5
dmlarchT

Thanks...I'll also let you know if I solve the problem.
Message 5 of 5
FRANK_DORN

I had the exact same experience also using Windows 7 and downloading the 2010 tutorial document and data files from AutoCad Architects tutorial listiing accessed from the ACA Help Home page. I also followed the readme instructions exactly and extracted both PDF and CHM files to the specified folder as per the readme. There were two possible paths to that file and I tried both. The files are now in that folder and can be seen there. Sadly no listing for tutorials showed up  in the HELP File drop down for AutoCad Architect.

The PDF can be run and used separately as a separate program which can display on top of Architect's drawing screen but it instanly minimizes when clicking on anything in the Architect program-a real disadvantage when using this tutorial.

The CHM file will open enough to show the table of contents in hierarchal form on the CONTENTS TAB in the left pane but clicking on any listing there goes nowhere. In the right pane an alert shows that navigation to the Web Page was cancelled and advises "you can try: re type the address". I haven't found anywhere to type an address or what that address should be.

The only thing I can use is the Document file in PDF and must print it to be able to refer to it during exercises.

I have also tried to install the offline help to see if that would accept the tutorial and it downloads and installs up to the point of configuring the installation. The action stops there. The window for configuring shows the  AutoCAD Architecture 2013 Offline Help installed but the configuring portion of the dialog is grayed out and there it sits-forever. I cannot access the Offline Help anywhere.

I wonder where we can get advice to braek this barricade?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost