AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acad Mechanical not loading

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
tony.birch4
1250 Views, 7 Replies

Acad Mechanical not loading

I have factory design suit 2013, after various glitches resolved on the pages of this forum I now find that Mechanical loads as plain autocad, I've reset and made current the ACADMPP profile but nothing has changed.  Also when I start Autocad the loading screen tells me it is starting Acad Architecture but the program loads as Autocad in the normal way.  Anyone any suggestions?

Many thanks

Tony

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
MarySeufert
in reply to: tony.birch4

How are you oping the new session of AutoCAD? If you are double picking a drawing out of windows explorer, it will open up the drawing in the last used version of AutoCAD. If you are using a desktop shortcut, double check that you are using the right one for the vertical you want to open. Each vertical product should have its own shortcut. If you look at the properties of the shortcut, the Target text string will have at the end of the string the profile (highlighted) that will be loaded. Here are some examples from my 2012 products:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD MEP 2012\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD MEP 2012\AecBase.dbx" /p "AutoCAD MEP (US Imperial)"    This opens AutoCAD MEP

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Architecture 2012\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Architecture 2012\AecBase.dbx" /p "AutoCAD Architecture (US Imperial)"    This opens ACA

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2012 - English\acad.exe"  /p "AutoCAD"   This opens AutoCAD Structural Detailing as plain AutoCAD

If you are missing shortcuts, you can either uninstall and reinstall your suite double checking that the shortcuts you need are selected or copy an existing shortcut and change the part of the target that loads the profile, so you get the profile that you need. Hope this helps you in the future. ~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 8
tony.birch4
in reply to: MarySeufert

When i downloaded 2013 it didn't create any shortcuts so i've been loading from the start menu, and the start menu doesn't give the target only the folder location, which seems correct.

Tony

Message 4 of 8
MarySeufert

I can't give you the specifics on your individual products since I do not have the same verticals as you besides ACA (2012). Hopefully the screen shot below can guide you to create your own shortcuts for opening your new session of AutoCAD (Mechanical or Architecture) with the correct profile. I would right pick the start menu shortcut and send it to the desktop, then right pick the desktop shortcut select properties and edit the target path to the correct profile for your needs.

~ Mary

Shortcuts.png

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 5 of 8
tony.birch4

The target for mechanical is

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\acad.exe"  /p <<ACADMPP>> /product ACADM /language "en-US"

and the target for Acad is grayed out but the 'start in' is

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\UserDataCache\"

Which would seem correct are they not?

kind regards

Tony

Message 6 of 8
MarySeufert

Yeah, what you listed for the Mechanical shortcut looks like it should load the correct profile. I can't verify however. The only thing that is suspect to me is the use of <<ACADMPP>> which I would think should be "ACADMPP". The gray out of the base AutoCAD target is typical for the start menu shortcut as is the 'start in' location.

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 7 of 8
tony.birch4

When i installed 2013 i assumed it would overwrite 2012, consequentially i deleted 2012 after the install, and frankly i've had nothing but trouble ever since, so i took your original advise and reinstalled, only unistalling everything first.  I also configured the install for shortcuts and express tools which i hadn't realised you could do, and soooo far all seems well, fingers crossed. 

Many thanks for all your help

Tony

Message 8 of 8
MarySeufert

No Problem, good luck with it. ~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost