AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acad Architecture 2011 extremely slow shading and 3d orbit.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1287 Views, 9 Replies

Acad Architecture 2011 extremely slow shading and 3d orbit.

We have 20 brand new workstations that are running Architecture 2011 and it's extremely slow to change visual styles, regen, and 3d orbit. Here is what we are running.

HP Z400 Workstation 

Intel Xeon quad @ 3.07

6gb Installed ddr3

Windows 7 64 Pro

NVIDIA Quadro 4000 with latest driver updates

I tried to install the Nvidia autocad performance driver and got the message "No application found for which a performance driver can be installed or upgraded."

Any Ideas, please help...

Charlie

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Abdelmawlas
in reply to: Anonymous

We are experiencing the same problem with the latest workstations:

Dell T5500

Dual Six Core Processors 2.93GHz

24GB RAM

Windows 7 64 Pro

2 x 146GB hard drives

NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800

We tried Autodesk certified driver, the latest nVidia driver and the Performance Driver for AutoCAD 2011 with no luck !!!

The crazy thing is that we can 3d orbit the same model without problem on older workstations !!!

Waiting to hear back from Autodesk.

Message 3 of 10
bec
Contributor
in reply to: Abdelmawlas

us too....  how hard can it be to reply...  where is pedro...  lol

Message 4 of 10
TeeHokken

I have the same problem with HP 8760 Workstation, Quadro3000m.

Could you learn anything how to solve it?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 10
jliston

just something to try. Turn off the cube and place the View toolbar back on you desktop. Use the toolbars to set shademode. I have a Dell T7500 with dual quad core xeon processors and 6gb ram and I was having the same problem. With the cube it was taking about 1-2 minutes to switch view direction and switch between layout and model space. After turning off the view cube  and adding the toolbars back in it went to about 2-3 seconds.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Message 6 of 10
bec
Contributor
in reply to: jliston

I shall be Pedro for a bit...  Autodesk doesnt care or know why...  We have had this issue for a while now...  Quad Core 16GB ram should not be this slow...  Sketchup flows better than this does...

Message 7 of 10
Abdelmawlas

We found that this issue happens when the application shortcut has Compatability option to run as different operating system, e.g. Windows Vista on Windows 7.

Message 8 of 10
TeeHokken

No no... It's not it. I'm not in compatibility mode but still too slow. God **** Autocad. But 3dsMAX is fine. No problem.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Same problem with MEP 2012 on dual core xeon 3.07, 8GB RAM, NvIDIA 2000

Message 10 of 10
wezpb

No idea if anyone is still having this problem or not.....but i stumbled upon theisthread when looking for a solution to the same problem.

i seemed to find a workaround..

I was playing around with the settings to try and improve the performance and accidentally turned off the hardware accel. the model then responded much quicker. I thought this was very strange so i turned the accelleration back on again and now the model orbits and pans with very little lag.

no idea why but turning the acceleration off then back on again seemed to work for me.

obviously may not work on all systems but its weel worth a try.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost