AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA2015 advanced select hover option

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
75ironhead
1988 Views, 5 Replies

ACA2015 advanced select hover option

Just started using  it and I'm a little disappointed in the direction Autodesk is going in ACA 2015, mainly taking away options and forcing the "better way" to control tools and general windows scheme appearances is a real bummer, but Enough with the pointless ranting.

My question to anyone using ACA 15

How can I disable the new advanced select hover option. I would prefer not have everything my mouse tracks over highlight, it's starting to look like an airport landing strip and is more a distraction then a help. Also can't seem to find how to toggle my status bar drafting Icons back to text?

Whats up with the forum post edit? am i missing something or can we no longer fix or edit once we post??

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
David_W_Koch
in reply to: 75ironhead

Options > Selection tab, in the Preview area in the lower right corner, there are two toggles under the Selection preview label.  You can turn off selection preview in two different circumstances, independently:  when a command is active and when no command is active.

Text labels for the Application Status Bar tools were dropped from the 2015 release, which is why you cannot find a toggle for that.

After you have made a post, there is an Options drop-down in the upper right of the post area.  Edit Reply is the first choice on the drop-down.  I believe there is a time limit, after which editing is no longer allowed.  If www.addthis.com is blocked, then the Options drop-down will not work properly.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 6
75ironhead
in reply to: David_W_Koch

How about turning off the strange “fuzzy glow” of objects that are selected?

at my age my eyes are fuzzy enough to know what i have selected.

thanks

Todd

Message 4 of 6
David_W_Koch

If you set SELECTIONEFFECT to 0, you will get the "classic" dashed line highlighting, rather than the neon glow version you get when it is set to 1 (and hardware acceleration is on).

Speaking of system variables, you can control selection preview with the SELECTIONPREVIEW system variable.  It is bit coded; the 1 bit controls when no command is in progress and the two bit controls when a command is in progress (when a bit is set, selection preview is on).  So:

0 = Selection Preview is off.

1 = Selection Preview is only on when no command is in progress.

2 = Selection Preview is only on when a command is in progress.

3 = Selection Preview is on at all times (because 3 = 1 + 2, so both bits are set). 

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 6
David_W_Koch

Here is another system variable - if you want to keep selection preview on but without the glowing linework, you can use the PRESELECTIONEFFECT system variable.  When set to 0, lines are dashed and thickened (as was the case in 2014); when set to 1 with hardware acceleration turned on, you get the glowing effect.

You can also exclude certain objects from selection preview.  This can be done through the Options dialog, Selection tab, Preview area in lower right, by selecting the Visual Effect Settings button.  In the Visual Effect Settings dialog, in the Selection Preview Filter area at the right side, there are six toggles that allow you to exclude:

• Objects on locked layers (bitcode 1).
  • Xrefs (bitcode 2).
  • Tables (bitcode 4).
  • Groups (bitcode 8).
  • Multiline text (bitcode 16).
  • Hatches (bitcode 32).

This can also be controlled using the PREVIEWFILTER system variable, by setting it to the sum of the bitcodes of the items you want to exclude.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 6
75ironhead
in reply to: David_W_Koch

very helpful

thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost