AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA Detail component manager missing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
DParkRMAK
4819 Views, 5 Replies

ACA Detail component manager missing

I recently installed Building design suite premium and I am just getting around to getting it configured. I was trying to open up the detail component manager and have been looking for the default tool palletes for detailing and they are missing. In AEC content the path to the databases are there but I can't find where to access the detail component manager or tool palletes. I can't even find the tool catalog to bring them in that way. In the help it says to look for the detail panel in the ribbon but guess what, I don't have that panel nor do I have the option to show it in the ribbon.

I have also searched for a command line command to open the manager and I couldnt find that either.

Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DParkRMAK
in reply to: DParkRMAK

I meant to specify that this is happening with Building Design suite premium 2014.

I figured out what the command was to launch the detail manager and it is there. I just dont have tool palletes or ribbon panel.

Message 3 of 6
DParkRMAK

I had to do a repair on ACA and my details came back.

I have had so many problems with this release it is rediculous.

Message 4 of 6
David_W_Koch

If you successfully installed ACA 2014 and accepted the default installation locations, profiles, etc., you should have an Architecture Workspace that has four tool palette groups:  Design, Document, Detailing and Visualization.  The Detailing group has six tool palettes that have tools that pull from the contents of the Detail Component Manager.  If you right click on the title bar of the tool palettes, you will get a context menu that has, at the bottom, a listing of the currently available tool palette groups.  Do you have a Detailing group, and, if so, if you set it current, do you get the palettes you seek?

If not, you may want to check what Profile you are running.  In the Options dialog, on the Profiles tab, you will file a list box of the available profiles.  The out-of-the-box profiles should include at least one that starts with "AutoCAD Architecture" or your language equivalent.  My installation, done with the English language pack and United States content, has AutoCAD Architecture (Global), AutoCAD Architecture (US Imperial) and AutoCAD Architecture (US Metric).  The AutoCAD Architecture (US Imperial) profile is the one I have running at the moment, and which has the afformentioned tool palette groups and palettes.  I also chose to install the "as AutoCAD" profile (called "AutoCAD"), which does not load the AEC modules and does not have the ACA tool palettes, just the vanilla AutoCAD ones.  If you are not running a profile that starts with "AutoCAD Architecture", but you have one or more, you may want to try switching to one of those to see if that gives you the detailing tool palettes.  The fact that you are able to run the Detail Component Manager suggests to me that this is not your problem, but it may not hurt to check anyway.

The next thing to check would by the Content Browser.  My Content Browser's Catalog Library includes out-of-the-box catalogs titled Sample Palette Catalog - Imperial and Sample Palette Catalog - Metric, which have, inside, the out-fo-the-box tool palettes (and groups, represented by categories) previously mentioned.  These catalogs, on my installation (which I believe to be the default location) are found at

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\Sample\Sample Palette Catalog - Imperial\Sample Palette Catalog - Imperial.atc

and

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\Sample\Sample Palette Catalog - Metric\Sample Palette Catalog - Metric.atc

Your installation may vary, and if you are outside of the United States, the out-of-the-box offerings for your location may vary, as well.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 6
DParkRMAK
in reply to: David_W_Koch

I know what is supposed to be there for detailing It was simply missing from the ribbon and tool palletes and the catalog was missing. I had to do a repair on a new install to get them back.

Message 6 of 6
masrahman

DparkRMAC

I am beginer and novicein AutoCAD 2014. I am having same problem. I do not see detail component manager. Would you be kind enough to give a step by step detail on how you fixed it? How did you do the repair?

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost