AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 3D DWFx Output settings (lighting) Where they?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
robincapperw
482 Views, 2 Replies

ACA 3D DWFx Output settings (lighting) Where they?

I have 2013 AutoCAD Architecture and MEP. A profile built by cloning the OOTB Profile in each and just ammending our file paths etc.

AutoCAD MEP outputs DWF’s with nice lighting, but from AutoCAD Architecture the same project view (so same content & file variables) is very dark (all objects almost black).

Where are the settings that control this? The only 3D DWF settings I can find relate to property sets and precision

Robin
Autodesk AEC Collection 2020 - PC: HP Z6 | Win 10 64 | Xeon 3014 | 64 GB ram | Quadro P5000 - Tablet: Surface 3 Pro i5-4300u | Win 10 Ent 1703 64 | 8GB ram - Phone: Samsung S21 Ultra | Android 11
RobiNZ CAD Blog | LinkedIn
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Are you experiencing the difference when opening the same drawing file on MEP/ACA ?

If this is with different drawing files you might want to check the setting of the drawing-dependant system variables around lighting (like DEFAULTLIGHTING, LIGHTINGUNITS, DEFAULTLIGHTINGTYPE, etc.).

I hope this helps. 

Holger Klöcker
Message 3 of 3

It is the same file(s), actually outputing from an AutoCAD Architecture Project and using AutoCAD MEP in the same project. As attached shows ACA outputs a very dark lit DWFx (left), the same view from AMEP is fine.

ACA Project:

Project View.dwg > Export to 3D DWFx

| Constructs

| Elements

Robin
Autodesk AEC Collection 2020 - PC: HP Z6 | Win 10 64 | Xeon 3014 | 64 GB ram | Quadro P5000 - Tablet: Surface 3 Pro i5-4300u | Win 10 Ent 1703 64 | 8GB ram - Phone: Samsung S21 Ultra | Android 11
RobiNZ CAD Blog | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost