AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
robincapperw
Message 1 of 3 (177 Views)

ACA 3D DWFx Output settings (lighting) Where they?

177 Views, 2 Replies
12-11-2012 05:26 PM

I have 2013 AutoCAD Architecture and MEP. A profile built by cloning the OOTB Profile in each and just ammending our file paths etc.

AutoCAD MEP outputs DWF’s with nice lighting, but from AutoCAD Architecture the same project view (so same content & file variables) is very dark (all objects almost black).

Where are the settings that control this? The only 3D DWF settings I can find relate to property sets and precision

Product Support
Holger.Kloecker
Message 2 of 3 (151 Views)

Re: ACA 3D DWFx Output settings (lighting) Where they?

01-07-2013 03:22 AM in reply to: robincapperw

Are you experiencing the difference when opening the same drawing file on MEP/ACA ?

If this is with different drawing files you might want to check the setting of the drawing-dependant system variables around lighting (like DEFAULTLIGHTING, LIGHTINGUNITS, DEFAULTLIGHTINGTYPE, etc.).

I hope this helps. 

Holger Klöcker
Distinguished Contributor
robincapperw
Message 3 of 3 (141 Views)

Re: ACA 3D DWFx Output settings (lighting) Where they?

01-07-2013 12:23 PM in reply to: Holger.Kloecker

It is the same file(s), actually outputing from an AutoCAD Architecture Project and using AutoCAD MEP in the same project. As attached shows ACA outputs a very dark lit DWFx (left), the same view from AMEP is fine.

ACA Project:

Project View.dwg > Export to 3D DWFx

| Constructs

| Elements

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.