AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 2015 Room Tag not displaying

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ronwed
1407 Views, 2 Replies

ACA 2015 Room Tag not displaying

I recently upgraded to ACA 2015 and when I insert a Project Based-Scale dependent Room Tag, it does not display in the construct. I can use all the non "scale dependent" tags and they work fine. When I go into a view drawing with the plan referenced, the tags display. I am using out of the box spaces and tags. I cannot figure out why they don't display in the construct, but do in the view with the construct referenced, so I have attached the file.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
75ironhead
in reply to: ronwed

I think what you describe can be fixed in the display manager, there are several different ways to show objects in different displays. I would start there.

grid bubbles have always given me a hard time out of the box.

Good luck.

Message 3 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: ronwed

As 75ironhead suggested, it is a display issue.

Your file has the Medium Detail Display Configuration set current, and it uses the Plan Display Representation Set when the model is viewed from the top view direction.  For Multi-View Block Reference objects, only the General Display Representation is active in the Plan Display Representation Set.  This is the Display Representation used by the out-of-the-box annotative Room Tags, so those will display.

The Aec8_Room_Tag_Project_Scale_Dependent Multi-View Block has no view block assigned to the General Display Representation, so it will not display.  Instead, that tag has three different view blocks (at three different sizes), assigned to the Plan, Plan High Detail and Plan Low Detail Display Representations.  You will need to turn on one of those on in the active Display Representation Set of the active Display Configuration in order for these tags to be visible.  This must have been done in your view file.

FWIW, I find it much easier to use annotative tags, which can have as many scales added as you need.  The scale-dependent tags were necessary prior to the introduction of annotative content in AutoCAD (unless you were willing to tag through external references, which was also not always possible and works well only when using the Drawing Management feature - Project Browser/Navigator).  They require a more complex Display System, which is why I prefer annotative content.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost