AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 2014 Spaces Display Representations

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
FitzUS
260 Views, 2 Replies

ACA 2014 Spaces Display Representations

I have a file with several Space Styles.  As I progress on the drawings I would like to modify some of the display properties, primarily color of the fill.  I would think I could set the overall appearance of each Space Style in one location and then adjust elements of various display representations.  In my case have a red hatch for a space style but in one display rep it would be solid and in another it would be a diagonal hatch. 

As I see it, if I wish to modify the color I have to go into each display rep and adjust the color of the base hatch and click on the Style Override check box.  It seems like duplicative work.  Is there another method of setting the color of each Space Style so that it shows the same in all display reps?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: FitzUS

I am not sure how much time this might save, but you could set up Material Definitions that carry the color assignments (once for each color), check the "By Material" box for the Base Hatch component in each Display Representation (at the Drawing Default level - once for each Display Representation for the file) and then add the corresponding Material Definition to the Floor component.

Each Material Definition would require overriding all of the Display Representations in which you want that particular color to show, but could be used on multiple Space Styles (if you have multiple styles that use the same color).

Another alternative would be to drive the Space colors by a Display Theme.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
FitzUS
in reply to: David_W_Koch

David-

Thanks for your advice.  I'm looking into Display Themes as you suggested in my other post.  Hopefully it can provide me with the flexibility I'm looking for.

Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost