AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 2013 User Guide & Command Reference Location

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
606 Views, 4 Replies

ACA 2013 User Guide & Command Reference Location

Hi everyone.  Sorry if this is a repeat but I have been away from these forums since I retired a year ago but am trying to help out my old AutoCAD workers.  In previous versions of ACA there was a "index.html" file located in the ACA help directory.  The index.html file opened the AutoCAD Architectural Help page to gain access to the user guide, command references, customization guide and other things.  I made a short cut to this file and placed it on everyone's desktop.  They could use this without opening ACA or while in ACA.  In ACA 2013 I can not find the index.html file.  Does anyone know if this exists or if there is another file to get the same results?

Thank you,

Mike Trevelino

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

The Help is online now.  For the ACA 2013 Help, go here:

http://docs.autodesk.com/ARCHDESK/2013/ENU/index.html

You can install an offline version, but the online version will have the most up-to-date information. 

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thank you David for that information.  I did install the offline file.  It looks like it installs inside of ACA, but am not too sure.  I am looking for something that works outside of ACA as in the past.  Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  My company would have to use the offline version as their computers do not access the internet, they are pretty much locked down from internet usage.

Receiving activation codes with past versions was always a challange.  I had to submit everything online from a separate computer and install all the codes on each and every pc.

Mike Trevelino

Message 4 of 5
David_W_Koch

I have never installed the offline version of the Help.  I will try to remember to do so to see if there is a way to access it without opening the program. 

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Some good news.  After installing the offline version, I went back into my computers directory tree.  It seems that the offline version installed the help directory with the index.html file.  I am able to open this file without opening ACA.  I now am going to have my network people copy the entire directory to a share drive to see if anyone could open it.  Thanks again David for the information on the offline version!

Mike Trevelino

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost